Thread: Anyone know of a Tweak for the Windows Media Player Taskbar Window

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

Question Anyone know of a Tweak for the Windows Media Player Taskbar Window

I am looking for a tweak that lets me adjust the windows media player window when I minimize it in my taskbar while watching videos...

In case you don't know what the the hell I am talking about I have attached a screenshot:

It would be nice to be able to resize that, but I haven't figured out a way. If you know of a way, tweak, registry edit, etc... to accomplish this... then a hook a booga up!

CHICK ON THE TASK THAT'S THE BAR AT THE BOTTOM.
    RIGHT CHICK IT & TOOLBARS WMP.

reconployer

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by reconployer View Post
    CHICK ON THE TASK THAT'S THE BAR AT THE BOTTOM.
    RIGHT CHICK IT & TOOLBARS WMP.

reconployer
    Yeah he already knows how to do that. He wants to be able to adjust the default mini-player size.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Bronze Member
    The Video/Visualization window size is fixed. (width: 170 height: 129)

Try this...
    Copy the code to notepad and save (make sure "all files" is selected in "Save as type") it as calc.ahk.

Code:
    WinMove, ahk_class SciCalc, , , , 400, 400
    Download autohotkey.zip. Convert calc.ahk to exe using ah2exe (included with autohotkey.zip). Start calculator and run exe.
    This will resize calculator to 400x400.

Now run AU3_Spy. Start media player (mini mode) and find the class name of Video/Visualization window. Replace the ahk_class SciCalc with Video/Visualization window class. Convet ahk to exe. Start WMP and run EXE.

Also try this
    Code:
    WinMove, ahk_class SciCalc, ,0 , 0, 400, 400
    This will move calculator to 0, 0 and resize it to 400 x 400

YOu will need "Separate Window Plug-in" for Video/Visualization window.
    Separate window UI plug-ins are shown in their own windows. These windows can be fixed in size or can be made resizable. Multiple separate UI plug-in windows can be open at the same time.
    But Wait I have an idea...

For Video/Visualization window (resizable)
    Download and Install Ultrathin skin.

For WMP Toolbar (MiniMode)
    1. Download and install samurize.
    2. Open config editor.
    3. Add WMPMiniMode.png.
    * For WMPMiniMode.png - Take a desktop screenshot when minimode is running. Crop the minimode part and save it as WMPMiniMode.png

3. Create Play, Pause, Stop, Prev and Next Button.
    a. Add a Text Meter. Go to Input Tab. Enable Allow Input Controls. Click on Add Button. Select Plugin Input. Click Next. Select AdvanceMediaPlayerInfo.dll. Select "Left Mouse Click". Click Finish.
    b. Select "Left Mouse Click - Plugin Input". Click Configure Plugin. Select Play/Pause (automatic). Click OK.
    Similarly create buttons for Stop, Prev and Next.

4. Save the config as WMPMiniMode.
    5. Right click on taskbar. Go to Toolbars and select Serious Samurize . Unlock the Taskbar. Right click on samurize toolbar and select WMPMiniMode config also uncheck Show title.

Now start WMP, switch to skin mode (ultrathin) and control WMP from WMPMiniMode Config.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    The Video/Visualization window size is fixed. (width: 170 height: 129)

Try this...
    Copy the code to notepad and save (make sure "all files" is selected in "Save as type") it as calc.ahk.

Code:
    WinMove, ahk_class SciCalc, , , , 400, 400
    Download autohotkey.zip. Convert calc.ahk to exe using ah2exe (included with autohotkey.zip). Start calculator and run exe.
    This will resize calculator to 400x400.

Now run AU3_Spy. Start media player (mini mode) and find the class name of Video/Visualization window. Replace the ahk_class SciCalc with Video/Visualization window class. Convet ahk to exe. Start WMP and run EXE.

Also try this
    Code:
    WinMove, ahk_class SciCalc, ,0 , 0, 400, 400
    This will move calculator to 0, 0 and resize it to 400 x 400

YOu will need "Separate Window Plug-in" for Video/Visualization window.

But Wait I have an idea...

For Video/Visualization window (resizable)
    Download and Install Ultrathin skin.

For WMP Toolbar (MiniMode)
    1. Download and install samurize.
    2. Open config editor.
    3. Add WMPMiniMode.png.
    * For WMPMiniMode.png - Take a desktop screenshot when minimode is running. Crop the minimode part and save it as WMPMiniMode.png

3. Create Play, Pause, Stop, Prev and Next Button.
    a. Add a Text Meter. Go to Input Tab. Enable Allow Input Controls. Click on Add Button. Select Plugin Input. Click Next. Select AdvanceMediaPlayerInfo.dll. Select "Left Mouse Click". Click Finish.
    b. Select "Left Mouse Click - Plugin Input". Click Configure Plugin. Select Play/Pause (automatic). Click OK.
    Similarly create buttons for Stop, Prev and Next.

4. Save the config as WMPMiniMode.
    5. Right click on taskbar. Go to Toolbars and select Serious Samurize . Unlock the Taskbar. Right click on samurize toolbar and select WMPMiniMode config also uncheck Show title.

Now start WMP, switch to skin mode (ultrathin) and control WMP from WMPMiniMode Config.

Awesome kane! I will give this a try.

Bronze Member
    You can also add Volume control and MediaInfo...

1. Volume Control
    a. Mute: Add Plugin Input (AudioPlayer.dll).

b. Slider: Add Meter Linkage (sndvol32.exe /t) or use plugin input (audioplayer.dll).

2. MediaInfo:
    Create a new config, add advancedmediaPlayerInfo plugin (trackname, audioinfo, tracktimepercent) and save it as MediaInfo. Now add text meter in WMPMiniMode and link it to MediaInfo.ini (client.exe i=MediaInfo c=mediainfo.ini togglerunning).

Oh, and here is the is the link for ultra thin skin:
    http://www.wmplugins.com/ItemDetail.aspx?ItemID=954