Thread: SPAM (credit approved etc) from the FUTURE

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar

SPAM (credit approved etc) from the FUTURE

YESSS, really. It seems that we might finally find a solution to SPAM, since lately I have found in my Yahoo Junk mail spam with future dates.
    This leaves me a bit happy since I know we might have found the solution to the eternal problem of spam, and also now I know why we get so much spam as well.
    So, I have founf this emails in my junk folder from Monday January 28 ....of 2038. And I received quite a lot of them. This led me to believe that by that date we finally solved the spam problem and that spammers had to resort to send spam into the past.
    Great isn't it?

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    LMAO... this is hilarious!

Do you want me to forward you the next one?
    I am actually quite curious to know how they do it. Isn't the time calculated by the email server?

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dehcbad25 View Post
    Do you want me to forward you the next one?
    I am actually quite curious to know how they do it. Isn't the time calculated by the email server?
    I have gotten a few of these as well.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar

Maybe they have their own server.....if so I would assume it is just like when you want to go and do something in the future on the video game, just move up to the bogus time you want. Maybe I am being incredibly simple about this, but just a thought.....
    Knowledge indeed is power;
    Wisdom is knowing whether or not to act on Knowledge.

Speech is
    silver,but silence is golden.....
    Blondie

We had a somewhat similar issue with appointments that were 1 hour earlier in one customer I will try to put is as simple and quick as I can (I wish I could make a table)
    The user realizes his phone is in time zone -4 Caracas a couple of days before. He sents meeting to Customer at 2PM, but customers receives metting time to be at 1 PM (and shows up an hour earlier) Time zone in the server was -5 EDT New appointment is created and test is sent to customer. Customer reports again it is an hour earlier. 4 hours later customer calls back letting us know their Outlook had wrong time zone. Results, we aren't completely sure yet, but -4 Caracas or -5 EDT gave the same meeting time for us, and for the customer, but customer settings determined the difference. BTW, my pocket PC says -4 Caracas again (I just checked)
    So I have no clue how date and time are determined in an email, but I for sure would love to find out