RC1 is still WMDC-Less (WMDC aka Windows Mobile Device Center is
the Vista version of ActiveSync). To get the WMDC capability use the following tweak to the registry:
So here's how you get it:
- 1. In RegEdit, add a key to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft
called "WHOS" (with no values in it)
- 2. Connect your WM5/PPC Device
- 3. Check Windows Update and you'll suddenly find an update for the
Mobile Device Sync driver, which is the WMDC.
- 4. After installing the update, dis/reconnect your device - and voila!
- (5. It still might display the 'Outlook Not Configured error with PPC2003SE)