Thread: Angel Food Ministries

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Watching Your every move...

Angel Food Ministries

I found out about this thru one of my Wifes Aunts. Seems like a great program for anyone to buy from or get involved with. I'm certainly gonna buy from them.

Angel Food Ministries is a non-profit, non-denominational organization dedicated to providing grocery relief to communities throughout the United States.

Angel Food works through churches and community organizations in over 32 states. For further information, please take a few minutes to peruse our website. If you still have questions, please feel free to contact us.

Angel Food Ministries
    1620 South Broad Street
    Monroe, Georgia 30655
    770-267-7015 / 888-819-3745
    Fax 770-267-8031

They are not just for needy or underpriviledged. They are for all of us that can use a break from soaring food costs. As far as I can tell it's only in the US but if you know anyone that can benefit from this please pass on the information. They do not attempt to push religion on anyone, they are just trying to help.

The October 2006 Menu

(10) 4 oz. Beef & Bean Burritos
    (1) 4 lb. Individually Quick Frozen Chicken Thighs
    (1) 1.5 lb. Pork Roast
    (1) 3 lb. Chicken Tenders
    (1) 1 lb. Fully Cooked Meatballs
    (1) 2 lb. Chicken Breast Filets
    (1) 7.8 oz. Lasagna Dinner
    (1) 16 oz. 16 Bean Soup Mix
    (1) 28 oz. Pasta Sauce
    (1) 16 oz. Pasta
    (1) 16 oz. Rice
    (1) 2 lb. Potatoes
    (1) 2 lb. Onions
    (1) 7.5 oz. Pancake Mix
    (1) 11 oz. Box, Breakfast Cereal
    (1) Dozen Eggs
    (1) Dessert Item

*price may vary based on taxes and other fees

more at their website

*regardless of your Faith, Politics, Religion or lack thereof, it doesn't matter. We all can use a helping hand...*

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    That's a wonderful service. If I knew my brother and his family would go pick up the stuff, I'd buy from them. But they're too lazy to do anything.

South Texas
    Ok, I know about this program. The food is so so. What I mean is that sometimes the items change and the meats of are the lower end quality. I know because I did get it for a while but most of it is stuff that you can get for about the same price. In other words what is advertised is not necessarily what you will get. Sorry didn't mean to pop anyone's balloon, just speaking from my own experience. Also I would like to note that I am a very cost conscientious shopper.
    Knowledge indeed is power;
    Wisdom is knowing whether or not to act on Knowledge.

Speech is
    silver,but silence is golden.....