Thread: Lightscribe question

Lightscribe question

Hello every one I picked up a lightscribe CD/ DVD burner. I have a question about using the light scribe feature, when I make a CD label the label is very light almost hard to see. I have checked all the setting and try to make the label darker but when it comes out on the CD or DVD it is very very light. The program that was with the device is called Surething CD labeler 4 SE. I want to know if any one else have ran into this problem and if so how do you make the labels dark so that can be seen easier.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    You need to wait for the release of 'DarkScribe' burners

You need to use good media, Verbatim seems the best and even that is iffy....try burning the image twice.

Sweet “Darkscride” sound completely awesome lol.

I did try to burn a label twice but I found out that you can’t really do that. There is no way to line up the image so it writes over the cd in the same spots that it made the label. When I tried that it just looked like it was two images on the cd one at 90 degrees and another at 45 degrees for example. I’m feeling a little ripped off on the whole lightscride deal. The idea is great but the execution suxs.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Hmmm, I open the tray and close it and everything lines up correct on the second burn. Got that trick @CDfreaks, others do the same.

Anyway I agree, Lightscribe is hype and I really don't use it any more.

Lightscribe would be great if it would make the labels a little darker. I really dig the detail but it is to light to see I guess that is how it got its name of LIGHTscrib lol. I guess I should cut my loss’s and go back to the old way of making a CD or DVD, with a felt tip pen.