Thread: IE encountered has encountered a problem when clicking any links in outlook express

Exclamation IE encountered has encountered a problem when clicking any links in outlook express

When I click on an external link in email messages in outlook express My IE opens but then I receive the " IE has encountered a problem and needs to close" message. This also happens every once in a while when browsing the web. I am running WinXP and IE 6.0. This problem gets very frustrating when a image is a link because then I cannot copy and paste the link in the address bar. Please help. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on how to fix this problem. Thanks.

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    Have you updated your computer completely?
    IE6 doesn't work on my pc, so I use IE7 RC1. It is not perfect but in my PC works better than IE6.
    Try Firefox and set it as the default browser to see if it does the same
    Last edited by Dehcbad25; October 12th, 2006 at 20:48 PM. Reason: Added firefox tip

I went through my event viewer to find out exactly when this started to try and figure out what might have caused this and found that it started the same day and right after I installed a new Lexmark X3470 All-In-One printer. Should I still try your suggestion above?

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    I'd remove the driver first and see if you can troubleshoot the existing issue before updating IE.

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    Any luck with the fix brandy?