Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: What I hate about Linux-the Community

  1. #1
    Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Blasters worm farm
    Posts
    3,333

    What I hate about Linux-the Community

    I get really tired of all these MS bashers, no matter what the subject someone always jumps in with the bla bla MS sucks crap.

    I really like Linux and use it most of the time. I'm truley glad I can do so without having to justify it because of hatred towards another OS or MS.

    Most of these MS bashers are real idiots, the things they say prove they don't have a clue. Yes MS has problems, mostly security but those can be fixed quite easy. Linunx is more secure but you really pay when it comes to hardware support......oh and when something breaks....well you better know a bunch of CL crap.....

    This is the truth!... Win XP is the most stable, trouble free OS going. What ever Linux can do, Win XP can do and do it better ! The sooner the Linux idiots realize this the sooner they'll understand why most people use windows.

    People use windows because it works ! people use windows because they don't have to be some phucking geek nerd in order to do something ! people use windows because they have other things to do in life, like work, play, have sex. Linunx idiots don't have sex, they get their nuts off running CL in terminal and bashing MS.

    I use Linux because I like it, I sure hope I never lose my sense of reality and become one of the Linux idiots.

    nah, that'll never happen, I like hardware too much

  2. #2
    Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    JAPAN
    Posts
    10,660
    Quote Originally Posted by FastGame View Post
    I get really tired of all these MS bashers, no matter what the subject someone always jumps in with the bla bla MS sucks crap.

    I really like Linux and use it most of the time. I'm truley glad I can do so without having to justify it because of hatred towards another OS or MS.

    Most of these MS bashers are real idiots, the things they say prove they don't have a clue. Yes MS has problems, mostly security but those can be fixed quite easy. Linunx is more secure but you really pay when it comes to hardware support......oh and when something breaks....well you better know a bunch of CL crap.....

    This is the truth!... Win XP is the most stable, trouble free OS going. What ever Linux can do, Win XP can do and do it better ! The sooner the Linux idiots realize this the sooner they'll understand why most people use windows.

    People use windows because it works ! people use windows because they don't have to be some phucking geek nerd in order to do something ! people use windows because they have other things to do in life, like work, play, have sex. Linunx idiots don't have sex, they get their nuts off running CL in terminal and bashing MS.

    I use Linux because I like it, I sure hope I never lose my sense of reality and become one of the Linux idiots.

    nah, that'll never happen, I like hardware too much
    You're right. However, which is more expensive? Which has an annoying Activation scheme? Genuine advantage? Which can you only install on ONE PC, and to install on others you need a separate license? Which requires phone activation after changing so many components or hard drive failure? Which is more prone to virus invasions? Which do you trust more? Which do you have more control over?

    Hardware is not solely the responsibility of the OS to make it compatible. Hardware vendors can be partially blamed for that. Microsoft didn't write every single driver for the hundreds of thousands of pieces of hardware... vendors did. Blaming Linux because Linux doesn't have access to drivers that hardware vendors refuse to write is hardly fair.

    However, with more hardware support I could say that Linux is best OS out there. Until that time I agree, Windows is a better choice for most users.

    MS bashers are everywhere. ANd not solely linux users... Apple is full of those elitists who look at MS users as white trash.

    Screw em.

  3. #3
    Titanium Member efc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    North Central Arkansas
    Posts
    2,293
    Quote Originally Posted by FastGame View Post
    Most of these MS bashers are real idiots...
    FG, you are trying to hurt my feelings.

    Quote Originally Posted by FastGame View Post
    Linunx idiots don't have sex...
    Oh god, where is my viagra?

  4. #4
    Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Blasters worm farm
    Posts
    3,333
    Quote Originally Posted by efc View Post
    FG, you are trying to hurt my feelings.



    Oh god, where is my viagra?
    efc you're not a Linux idiot, if someone has a problem with something you help fix the problem without throwing in the MS bashing. I'm talking about peeps who jump in with the MS bashing and no solution to the problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Booger
    You're right. However, which is more expensive? Which has an annoying Activation scheme? Genuine advantage? Which can you only install on ONE PC, and to install on others you need a separate license? Which requires phone activation after changing so many components or hard drive failure? Which is more prone to virus invasions? Which do you trust more? Which do you have more control over?
    Well let me ask this....if all your stuff keeps getting stolen what would you do ? put bigger locks on the door or leave them open because people might call you names ?

    Hardware is not solely the responsibility of the OS to make it compatible. Hardware vendors can be partially blamed for that. Microsoft didn't write every single driver for the hundreds of thousands of pieces of hardware... vendors did. Blaming Linux because Linux doesn't have access to drivers that hardware vendors refuse to write is hardly fair.
    I didn't blame Linux for anything, the lack of hardware support is a reality for what ever reason. Why bash MS for its short commings when Linux has its own ?

    You're missing the point of my post....its not MS vs Linunx, its the toad stools that justify their existence with Linux because they hate MS, the toad stools that try to convince everyone that MS users are nothing more than mindless sheep.

  5. #5
    Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Watching Your every move...
    Posts
    4,638
    :clapping:

  6. #6
    Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,101
    Your right FG.WinXP 32bit is my most stable OS.I like PC Linux,and right now I'm using the old ubuntu 5.04.Windows still is my favorite,even with all the security updates and validation checks.Linux is new to me and I like farting around with the software.I ditched XP 64 bit recently because of hardware incompatability for my printer and scanner.I have run into those hard core Linux devotees and they ain't to friendly toward you if you still run windows. We all have open minds here just to try linux and not bash it but tryto put it to use.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

  7. #7
    Platinum+ Member bhxtyrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    729
    I try to not take sides on things like this.I am a MS user,been using it since 3.1 days and always enjoyed using it (except ME that was horrid lol) but i have also used various Linux Distro's and even Macs.All have there good points and bad points.Personally i see myself as a Windows guy because It offers the best functionality for what i look to get from my PC.I do everything from general net surfing,Graphics editing and design,Website design,Video recording and encoding and occasional gaming.

    I don't see the point in bashing any OS out there really.In the end it comes down to the user to decide what they like or not.No one is forcing them to use anything.

    And i couldn't agree more zipp,Thats why i enjoy it here everyone is always open minded reguardless of what you use.I've seen questions here reguarding all 3 OS's and never any of the pointless bashing.I say if people want to waste there time bashing an OS let them do so.It's there life.There are enough better places to go to get help and knowledge.

  8. #8
    Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Blasters worm farm
    Posts
    3,333
    Quote Originally Posted by bhxtyrant View Post
    I try to not take sides on things like this.I am a MS user
    There's not a side to pick, like I said my post isn't about Linux vs Windows, I don't want this thread to turn into MS vs Linux. Its about certain people that got to flap the MS blab.

    I use Linux because I like it, not because I had to make a choice, not because I have problems with XP. XP runs just fine thank you, so does Linux.

  9. #9
    Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    JAPAN
    Posts
    10,660
    FG people are entitled to their opinion the same as you are. Does what you say make you better or more correct than what they say? I hardly think so. There are two sides to every coin, and if they hate MS and choose Linux because of that, then that's their prerogative.

    You downing them because they down Microsoft, sounds a bit ironic.

  10. #10
    Platinum+ Member bhxtyrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    729
    No FG you misunderstand what i meant by that.I didn't mean here in your thread i meant other places where i see that type of crap.Same goes for the rest of my post

    BB thats a good point and your right however there is a difference between people stating there opinions then acting like a complete ass if you know what i mean.I'm sure we all seen that type of individual before.

    Someone can easily say "i dislike MS for this reason" rather then making a fool of themself by going "MS Suxxxxorrrsss!!!" or putting others down who use MS.
    Last edited by bhxtyrant; October 16th, 2006 at 04:11 AM.

  11. #11
    Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Blasters worm farm
    Posts
    3,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Booger View Post
    FG people are entitled to their opinion the same as you are. Does what you say make you better or more correct than what they say? I hardly think so. There are two sides to every coin, and if they hate MS and choose Linux because of that, then that's their prerogative.

    You downing them because they down Microsoft, sounds a bit ironic.
    no, I hardly think so, if I ask a Linux question is it asking too much just to get a Linux answer without the side show ? if I ask how to install a driver do I need to hear about MS because everyone is "entitled to their opinion"

    BTW BB, unlike you I don't play Devils Advocate, my opinion, "ironic" ?

  12. #12
    Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    JAPAN
    Posts
    10,660
    Quote Originally Posted by FastGame View Post
    no, I hardly think so, if I ask a Linux question is it asking too much just to get a Linux answer without the side show ? if I ask how to install a driver do I need to hear about MS because everyone is "entitled to their opinion"

    BTW BB, unlike you I don't play Devils Advocate, my opinion, "ironic" ?
    I am the king of DA opinionated opinions. Call me the champion of the contradicatory, the aceman of the adverse, the diametric dude, the friend of the flipside.

    You never stated in your original post that you were being harangued over a question about Linux from MS bashers.

    I thought this was about those people who go on forums and troll around attacking MS on a whim. Not about you going to a Linux forum to get support and they then use your post to attack Microsoft products.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •