October 16th, 2006, 18:17 PM
Outlook Express Backup
First let me say I am running IE7, however this issue started before I started .
I can export the Address Book fine, however when I try to export Messages, I get the error:
The export could not be preformed. An error occurred while initializing MAPI.
Microsoft knowledge base says to follow these instructions:
1. Restart your computer, and then start Outlook Express.
2. On the Tools menu, click Options.
3. On the Connection tab, click Change to open the Internet Properties dialog box.
4. On the Programs tab, click an e-mail application other than Outlook Express in the E-mail list. Click Apply, and then click OK.
5. Click OK again to close the Options dialog box.
6. Exit Outlook Express, and then restart Outlook Express.
7. You can now import or export messages.
I followed those and still CANNOT export messages.
In another forum, it was recommended to DL and install MS Update KB918766, which I did.
I still can not export messages.
Any help resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.
October 16th, 2006, 18:43 PM
October 16th, 2006, 23:08 PM
I have tried every one of those and still can NOT export the messages!!!!
November 15th, 2006, 20:52 PM
A similar problem I have when I want to reinstall the operating system.
I try a lot of tips&tricks and finaly I found a interesting tool www.amicutilities.com/outlook-express-backup/ That tool permit to save your email and Outlook settings.