Thread: The Real Fast and the Furious

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

The Real Fast and the Furious

http://www.automotosport.info/article-256.html

These idiots are illegally street racing in Philadelphia. They basically are having a ball. The cops come, pin them in with roadblocks and helicopters, and start issuing tickets for hours. Then a small group of morons decide to jump the curb and take off.

Something you have to see to believe.

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    so...did they got busted? lol
    just about 5 blocks from my house some street racers would gatter......in a McD
    Kind of similar, but without the escape part

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    How can you be given a ticket for being a spectator? What laws did you break by watching?

I think they would fine you for inciting the event or something like that.
    Conan, you live in Phillipines. Here to be honest, the free country seems like a joke. The laws are too stupid and restrictive if you lived to every single one of them (in San Francisco ugly people cannot go out in the street), not to mention that in Chico California "Detonating a nuclear device within the city limits results in a $500 fine." or in Eureka CA "Men who wear moustaches are forbidden from kissing women" and you might have problems parking in Glandale since Driving cars in reserver is against the law" and for all of you junk keepers in Long Beach cars are the only item allowed in a garage" and for the weirdos, in LA "It is illegal for a man to beat his wife with a strap wider than 2 inches without her consent."
    Pasadena might have problems with bosses or secretaries since it is illegal for a secretary to be alone in a room with her boss. And you better have a weird lunch time in Riverside since One may not carry a lunch down the street between 11 and 1 o'clock.
    I don't remember in which city but also it is illegal for a car to go over 60mph withouth a driver.
    BTW, the only ticket that I have is for inatentive driving. How? because I crashed by myself because the road sigs were confusing (even the cop admited, and said the same accident happens once a month)
    Now, for some weird and contradictories laws, did you know that in New York it is illegal for a woman to be on the street wearing "body hugging clothing? and that a fine of $25 can be levied for flirting? but women may go topless in public, providing it is not being used as a business. Yeap

Just take a quick look at the laws, and take a look where you live as well
    http://www.dumblaws.com/
    Ahh, BTW Conan did you know "Cars whose license plates end with a 1 or 2 are not allowed on the roads on Monday, 3 or 4 on Tuesday, 5 or 6 on Wednesday, 7 or 8 on Thursday, and 9 or 0 on Friday from 7:00 A."
    That is in phillipines

I want to point thought that some laws might seem dumb but are not so much. For example in Mexico "It is illegal to shout offensive words in any public place."
    Well, it seems that it is not enforced while it should. My wife and I went to mexico and we will probably never go back (we did not even want to go outside the street or to crowed places) because man would constantly whisling and sayings things like "mama" or something like that to my wife. No exageration but in a block I counted 23 wishles and I did not count words, but were a lot. You know, once in a while might make the woman feel good about herself, but all the time it just creeps you out and bothers you. This kills tourism a lot, lot lot.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dehcbad25 View Post
    Ahh, BTW Conan did you know "Cars whose license plates end with a 1 or 2 are not allowed on the roads on Monday, 3 or 4 on Tuesday, 5 or 6 on Wednesday, 7 or 8 on Thursday, and 9 or 0 on Friday from 7:00 A."
    That is in phillipines
    I am so aware of that stupid law. The people who can afford buy extra cars. I'm lucky that I live near enough my office that I just walk. So the day that I can't use my car (Wednesday) doesn't really affect me. But imagine if I had to drive to work.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan View Post
    I am so aware of that stupid law. The people who can afford buy extra cars. I'm lucky that I live near enough my office that I just walk. So the day that I can't use my car (Wednesday) doesn't really affect me. But imagine if I had to drive to work.
    Car pool?

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    they have a new law in san diego where they ticket watchers for loitering. what a bunch of crock. but for the most part the illegal races start at like 1-2 am on industrial streets where theres not alot of traffic. been to a few and man are they fun. best one was a VW bug smoking all these imports. man were those guys pissed.

I work in an industrial section and I have access to a closed road. And the races there are awesome. Only problem is that it is me against my shadow (the shadow is always quicker for some reason )

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    i watched that video... it was a massive gathering.. but they were kidding themselves that it wouldnt have been a massive police operation to shut it down.

Now, the industrial races with Dehc and his shadow... that is outlawed... ur true racer bro!

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Maybe someday I will win