Thread: Uninstalling Folder Lock

Uninstalling Folder Lock

Downloaded and installed the trial version, just out of curiosity.

Decided to uninstall the application...password is entered but...there doesn't seem to be an "options" button or anything else that says "options" (per the uninstall instructions.

Tried system restore and, of course, can't be restored to the selected point!

I'm running XP Pro w/SP2.

Can anyone help me out here? Unfortunately, I didn't take my anti-STUPID pill until AFTER I screwed up.

You didn't say if you remembered the password you used. If a lost password is the problem, you might try one of the retrieval programs from majorgeeks.com.

Any of these programs could be dangerous. LINK

Another LINK.
    Last edited by efc; October 24th, 2006 at 15:35 PM.

Have you tried to contact the company? LINK

Yes on the password and contacting the company. They give the same information in their Q and A also. Otther than that not sure what else to do.

efc, you mentioned trying a retreival program. I haven't actually "locked" anything. I did a test on an empty file then unlocked it. I still have the file, I haven't lost anything.

I just don't think the Folder Lock application is something I want to use and can't uninstall it.

This is unregistered as it was a trial version, in case I forgot to mention that point.
    Last edited by trip1400; October 25th, 2006 at 00:42 AM.

First time with pictures in a forum but this is what I'm looking at. No "Options" button.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I also installed Folder Lock as a trial a while ago, and I forgot the password.
    I now am trying to upgrade to Windows XP Pro from Windows 2000 Pro, but the installer pukes, saying that it cannot read or write on the c-drive. After a great deal of troubleshooting, I can only conclude that Folder Lock is the culprit.

I am about to give up and get a new C-drive and copy of windows.

Let this be a warning to anyone installing the trial version of Folder Lock.

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    Have you tried going into the registry entries for the program and making sure that all of them have full permissions?HKEY_Current_User /software and HKEY_Local_Machine /software and where under software you find the Folder Lock entries.Worth a look.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by applenewton View Post
    I also installed Folder Lock as a trial a while ago, and I forgot the password.
    I now am trying to upgrade to Windows XP Pro from Windows 2000 Pro, but the installer pukes, saying that it cannot read or write on the c-drive. After a great deal of troubleshooting, I can only conclude that Folder Lock is the culprit.

I am about to give up and get a new C-drive and copy of windows.

Let this be a warning to anyone installing the trial version of Folder Lock.
    You dont need a new drive, wipe & format the one you have.

I have used this product to remove stubborn files and directories. LINK