Thread: IE 7 tab guestion

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar

IE 7 tab guestion

How do I get my bookmarks to open in the background in a new tab, or even a new tab without first opening a new tab

So far I like IE 7, but if I cant get tabs to work like FF then I won't use it much......
    Last edited by FastGame; October 28th, 2006 at 00:35 AM.

Hey FG,Sadly i don't know how to do what you ask having just moments ago updated to IE7 as well but i did have a question you may be able to help me with.I thought rather then making a whole new topic for a simple question it might be better to just ask here.

Currently IE7's default layout has the hyperlink/search bar on top,menu bar in the middle,and Tabs bar on bottom.I wanted to move the menu bar on the very top as it was in IE6 however it seems i can't simply drag it as in past versions of IE,Any Ideas?

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bhxtyrant View Post
    Hey FG,Sadly i don't know how to do what you ask having just moments ago updated to IE7 as well but i did have a question you may be able to help me with.I thought rather then making a whole new topic for a simple question it might be better to just ask here.

Currently IE7's default layout has the hyperlink/search bar on top,menu bar in the middle,and Tabs bar on bottom.I wanted to move the menu bar on the very top as it was in IE6 however it seems i can't simply drag it as in past versions of IE,Any Ideas?
    I like mine that way, thats how I have FF set

Anywhoo to answer your question...download this reg tweak http://www.majorgeeks.com/download5306.html

Thanks FG,Thats exactly what i wanted.Hehe yeah i know what you mean.I use FF as an alternate browser but IE has always been my main so having the MEnu bar in that location grew on me since i always use the favorites link there.I was finding it a pain to use in it's new location lol.I've been looking at IE7's options but i havent yet seen an option like the one you want.Perhaps theres a tweek for it.