Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Power Point Viewer 2003 - [FIXED]

Reverend and Big Booger: Ok guys, listen up...I have MS Office on my system, I looked at it's files and there is PPV. I also have PPV self extracting files sitting on my HDD "D" (I have 2 HDDs). I saved a PPS e-mail to disc, opened MS Office, double-clicked on PPV (Application). Another widow opened for MY DOCUMENTS (where I saved the e-mail), entered the PPS file name to "open" and VOILA!! It opened...?????????????????

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Big Booger View Post
    So you fixed this by finding the actual file and opening it from the hard disk?
    Big Booger = Well, I don't know if you would call it "fixed" rather then circumvented....I just got nosing and found that I have PPV "on" my system twice (basis for error??). I double clicked the Application file PPV in my MS Office folder and it was asking for a filename to save..So I just went to the PPS e-mail file, right clicked and saved it. Double-clicked on my MS Office PPV file and found the PPS e-mail and clicked "open" in the PPV window....
    As long as I can open any PPS file I get in e-mail, I will do what is necessary without trying to understand what that error meant. I mean, if the way I have to do it works - why mess with it ??

I truely want to thank you for your time and assistance as well as the REVEREND's. Where are you in Japan? You military?

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend View Post
    Are these pps files all from the same source?

Are they attachments or links?
    Reverend: If you have been reading my replies to BIG Booger, you know what's up - I sure don't. I just stumbled on the possibility(?) of having two PPV's active having something to do with it, I'm not sure of that either. My bottom line to you is T H A N K S for all the assistance and care in solving a problem, not that I've 'solved' it - But....
    Thank you, Mel

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by melbladen View Post
    Big Booger = Well, I don't know if you would call it "fixed" rather then circumvented....I just got nosing and found that I have PPV "on" my system twice (basis for error??). I double clicked the Application file PPV in my MS Office folder and it was asking for a filename to save..So I just went to the PPS e-mail file, right clicked and saved it. Double-clicked on my MS Office PPV file and found the PPS e-mail and clicked "open" in the PPV window....
    As long as I can open any PPS file I get in e-mail, I will do what is necessary without trying to understand what that error meant. I mean, if the way I have to do it works - why mess with it ??

I truely want to thank you for your time and assistance as well as the REVEREND's. Where are you in Japan? You military?
    It's like the round about way to get to where you want to go when the direct approach doesn't take root.

I am near Kobe, Japan. Been here for 5 years. Came with the wife to get a sense of adventure and experience and different culture.

For Reverend: The PPS files (e-mails) are all different sources and all are attachments.

For Big Booger: Sorry, I turned left when it shoulda been right...uh, re not being able to open with PPV2003 not installed, hell I was trying anything but it was still there is what I was getting at. So that leads me to say "is PPV2003 really the culprit??" WOW - I opened that hyperlink, shure looked awful complicated - FYI: I know enough about this stuff to get me into real trouble. Bottom line (if I understood most of it) is if I download that thing, I can't use Outlook ?

Big Booger - OK...I downloaded/installed Thunderbird (looks a lot like Outlook) and set it as my default mail. After the transfer of data took place, I tried opening a PPS e-mail...SAME ERROR APPEARED..! (PS-I didn't go to those other e-mail programs you had listed). Since Thunderbird seemingly didn't fix the problem, how do I get back to Outlook?

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by melbladen View Post
    Reverend and Big Booger: Ok guys, listen up...I have MS Office on my system, I looked at it's files and there is PPV. I also have PPV self extracting files sitting on my HDD "D" (I have 2 HDDs). I saved a PPS e-mail to disc, opened MS Office, double-clicked on PPV (Application). Another widow opened for MY DOCUMENTS (where I saved the e-mail), entered the PPS file name to "open" and VOILA!! It opened...?????????????????
    So you fixed this by finding the actual file and opening it from the hard disk?