Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vista Theme

Vista Theme

Hey guys,Just was wondering if anyone has spotted any new Vista themes for Windows XP pro yet?I have been looking for a style that resembles the latest Vista build look with the "round" looking start button,ect.But haven't found any yet.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Not a Vista theme, but looks nice with windows:

http://www.techzonez.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21328

I think I saw a complete transformation pack for XP to make it look like Vista but I forgot where I saw it at.

Hey BB,yeah i saw the vista pack as well but if im not mistaken thats for the old beta versions of vista.I am currently using an older vista skin which has the start button that looks like XP's but the windows logo and "start" are in white text.I was just trying to see if there were any updated versions to match the latest build.

http://www.wincustomize.com/Skins.as...htxt=Vista&g=1

Some nice logon windows there. Several Vista skins. But none with the latest start button from RC1/2 or the 5840 release.

Yeah seems like no one created any yet which is a suprise.I also checked ThemeXP.org no luck.

Kane, I just tried the VS, and it doesn't work. Have you tested it? I put it in the correct folder but it doesn't come up in the display properties when I try to open the msstyles file.

Triple Platinum Member
    Download and isntall a file called uxtheme.dll (search Google) and then install the visual style.

Bronze Member
    Yeah BB try this...

1. Download the unlocked uxtheme.dll. Extract the file to the desktop. Here is a version for sp2 2180 English: http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.ph...post&id=122794
    More are here: http://www.extended64.com/blogs/rafael/
    2. Download Replacer. Extract Replacer to the desktop (create a folder called Replacer and extract the contents of the compressed file).
    3. Run replacer.cmd. A black command prompt window should appear.
    4. Browse to C:\Windows\system32 and find uxtheme.dll. Drag this file into the command prompt window. Press enter.
    5. Drag in the unlocked uxtheme.dll from the desktop into the command prompt window. Press enter.
    6. Confirm the replacement and wait for Replacer to finish. Press any key when prompted.
    7. Reboot.
    more info: http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=339820
    Last edited by Kane; November 2nd, 2006 at 16:04 PM.

Kane,
    That worked like a lizard with a set of turtle nuts.

Thanks guys thats just what i was looking for,working like a charm tryed the ultimate,now gonna try the other two.

:edit:Thought i'd show my desktop using these.Right now im using Vista Ultimate and a small utility called Glass2K.Here is the result.

stupid question.What do i need to use "WB" and "IP"?I assume these are icons and such that match vista.Is there a way to use them in the same way as a theme with hacked uxtheme.dll?rather then using a program which takes up resources?
    Last edited by bhxtyrant; November 3rd, 2006 at 14:20 PM.

Bronze Member
    Thought i'd show my desktop using these.Right now im using Vista Ultimate and a small utility called Glass2K.Here is the result.

Nice.

What do i need to use "WB" and "IP"? I assume these are icons and such that match vista.Is there a way to use them in the same way as a theme with hacked uxtheme.dll?rather then using a program which takes up resources?
    WB - WindowBlinds
    WindowBlinds is a program that enables Windows users to completely change the look and feel of the Windows user interface. Users customize Windows by using visual styles (skins) created for WindowBlinds. With these skins, WindowBlinds can change the look of Title bars, borders, Task bar, Start button, Start menu, Progress animations, Toolbar icons, Explorer Views, and virtually every other part of Windows!
    "uxtheme hack" is an alternative to WindowBlinds/Stylexp.

=========

Vista VS (with the "round" looking start button)

nuVista VS updated

MiVista 5734 Updated

QueVista?1.5

Pristine OS 1.2 (pop)

http://search.deviantart.com/searchc...3Atime&q=vista

=========

IP - IconPackager

IconPackager is a program that allows users to change nearly all of their Windows icons at once by applying "packages" of icons. A package of icons contains icons to replace most of the common icons on your Windows PC.
    =========

IconTweaker (Free)- Alternative to IconPackager

Vista Beta 2 5472 IconTweaker Theme

There is no stupid questions just stupid answers.

Thanks kane for finding those this bring a question for anyone using the "VS:Vista Ultimate 11.0 RC2" theme.I am using it now and i notice that when i move my cursor down to the taskbar it doesn't always make the taskbar appear unless i roll over a certain area such as the start button or clock area.Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it?

Bronze Member
    Edit:

Yeah VS problem. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not....
    Last edited by Kane; November 4th, 2006 at 19:16 PM.

Damn thats a shame since it seems to be the most accurate version of a vista theme.I found an earlier version of the same theme made at the time of RC1 release while the above one with the issue is RC2.It's pretty close in style and works fine.Was version 10.5
    Last edited by bhxtyrant; November 4th, 2006 at 19:44 PM.