Modifying the Web is one of those things you always dreamed would happen, but always seems to fall a little short. The Platypus Firefox extension is one of those tools that gives you the ability to modify any Web site from your browser. You can then turn around and save those changes for the next time you visit.

So what is this Firefox extension all about?

Platypus is a Firefox extension which lets you modify a Web page from your browser - “What You See Is What You Get” - and then save those changes as a Greasemonkey script so that they’ll be repeated the next time you visit the page.

Want to add a Platypus into your Firefox? After a while, with all these odd named programs, I am starting to think I should be writing about animals instead of programs. Next time I watch an animal show, I am going to feel the urge to call a duck a word processor. Somehow though, I don’t think it works the other way around.

It might take some time to get used to, but after you learn how to play with your Platypus, it can become one of the most useful Firefox resources you have got.

This Firefox extension is for versions 1.0 and up of the browser. To download it and try it for yourself, you can pick it up at the Mozilla Update Web site.
The Lockergnome Newsletter