OK, I have Firefox as my default browser. Flashplayer 9 is somehow integrated with FF and I've no trouble viewing a flashplayer file I run across using FF. (I have IE 6 installed also.)

But with IE it's a different story. I clicked on a link from the IE MSN page "Video: What's Chelsea Clinton doing these days?" and up comes a window: "To use this product..." It says I must have Flashplayer 6, WMP 10 and
IE 6. Well, I have WMP 10 and IE 6 but as far as IE is concerned I didn't have Flashplayer. However from this page one can go to the Adobe Flashplayer Download site and download the latest FlashPlayer. Well, I tried...and tried...and tried but it would not download. So I entered "Flashplayer" in Google and got to the site directly. There I was able to download and install FlashPlayer 9 (latest.). I know the install was successful because it showed up in Add/Remove.

"Fine," thinks I! I'll go back and click on my IE shortcut. I do that--I click the Chelsea Clinton link and I again get the "To use this product" page--I'm back at Square 1. I also note that I get the same response if I click on any other video listed on the IE/MN page.

In my IE browser I went Tools > Internet Options > Security Tab > Internet> Default Level button. I select Medium Security and beyond that every item under the "Custom Level" button is bulleted either 'prompt' or 'enable'. When I get the prompt pop-ups, I tell them "yes"

But I just don't get to view the Chelsea Clinton video - or any video.

WHAT'S GOING ON?