Thread: Monitor's Picture in Picture as second monitor.

Monitor's Picture in Picture as second monitor.

i have a lcd monitor with a picture in picture function, can i somehow use that PiP as a second monitor? as it stand now it needs an AV input of some sort..but would be really handy if i could, lets say, watch a movie while i play a video game lol.

Is this possible? I heard it is with software, but i cant seem to find it.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    You could hook a console up to the computer, and use the console to play the games while the computer plays a movie... that might work? Hooking the console up and setting it up as the smaller image while you play the game.

Or you could play the game on the computer and hook a DVD player up to the monitor and use the DVD player to watch the movie PIP.

yeah. good ideas, but the games are usually on the pc, and the movies are usually AVI/DIVX or something like that, movies files basically. :/

any more ideas would be great. thx.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beebster View Post
    yeah. good ideas, but the games are usually on the pc, and the movies are usually AVI/DIVX or something like that, movies files basically. :/

any more ideas would be great. thx.
    Got an old Xbox? Mod it, install XMBC, drop all your movies into the Xp HDD. YOu're set.

Got some funds? Pick up a portable media player that supports AVI/DIVX.
    http://www.archos.com/?country=global&lang=en

Got a few more funds? Divx supported DVD player for less than 50 USD.
    http://www.amazon.com/Philips-DVP642.../dp/B000204SWE

If you have two video cards, you might be able to use one to output to the LCD using DVI/VGA and the other output to the PIP using RCA but that would require a two card system. (not sure if this is possible).. it certainly would tax your system to the max to run both a video and a game simultaneously.

lol yeah. i do run dual cards SLI and i like the SLI performance. i thought of that idea too, but if i did that i couldnt run SLI mode...hmm..

aw well..thx for the help though. appreciate it ^^.