Thread: Strange Changes to Images

Strange Changes to Images

If you will go to this address: http://www.slate.com/id/2154271/?GT1=8805, you should see an article called The Curious Economics of Temptation. It's from Slate, that online magazine one finds (only, I think) on MSN.com.

Now let's say you copy-paste the entire article into Word, along with the picture in the article of the sexy girl. And let's say further that you really didn't want the picture of the sexy girl but had no easy way to copy the artile without the girl because you could not highlight only the article.

However Word will let you remove the picture of the sexy girl from your copy- paste action. (You need to click on a small icon in this instance near the lower left corner of the picture.) When you do that, the picture immediately changes color dramatically and looks like a film negative (or a color film negative). At this point you can go edit > cut and the picture vanishes from your Word document.

OK. what happens or has happened in the process of creating/copying the image that causes it to look like a negative when I click on those tiny icons. (The icons are tiny yellow things about 1/4" x 3/8".)
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wumply View Post
    that causes it to look like a negative when I click on those tiny icons. (The icons are tiny yellow things about 1/4" x 3/8".)
    Thats what an image looks like when it is highlighted.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========