Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Study: One asteroid wiped out dinosaurs

  1. #1
    Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    JAPAN
    Posts
    10,660

    Post Study: One asteroid wiped out dinosaurs

    single, gigantic asteroid slammed into Earth 65 million years ago, dooming the dinosaurs and many other species, scientists said on Thursday in a new study rebutting theories that multiple impacts did the deed.



    An examination of rock sediments drilled from five sites at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean strongly supports the notion...
    Read On My fine Peckered Friends:
    http://edition.cnn.com/2006/TECH/spa...eut/index.html

    I think this has been the most widely accepted theory. Finding that iridium ring helped seal the deal. I just hope we humans don't have to face the same problem in the future.

  2. #2
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Narvik, Norway
    Posts
    110
    The worst of it is that Bruce Willis won't be able to blow up possibly dangerous asteroids for so much longer, either...

    Johan-Kr
    System1: iMac 27"
    System2: PowerMac dual 800 (mirrored drive doors), OsX 1.5 Leopard
    System3: EPoX 8KDA3+, 1Gb RAM, 4x1Tb - Raid5, CoolerMaster CM Stacker, FreeNAS.

  3. #3
    Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    JAPAN
    Posts
    10,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenalaar View Post
    The worst of it is that Bruce Willis won't be able to blow up possibly dangerous asteroids for so much longer, either...

    Johan-Kr
    Imagine if the world united on this cause though and we took money from our military budgets and spent on finding a solution to a moving, destroying or otherwise preventing a collision with an asteroid.

  4. #4
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Sheboygan, WI
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Booger View Post
    Imagine if the world united on this cause though and we took money from our military budgets and spent on finding a solution to a moving, destroying or otherwise preventing a collision with an asteroid.

    That's a nice thought, but I don't think it would happen until the danger of an asteriod is imminent. It's like how no one ever thinks bad things can happen to them until it does.

  5. #5
    Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    JAPAN
    Posts
    10,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Mousesk View Post
    That's a nice thought, but I don't think it would happen until the danger of an asteriod is imminent. It's like how no one ever thinks bad things can happen to them until it does.

  6. #6
    Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Watching Your every move...
    Posts
    4,638
    Big Boogers new avatar


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •