Thread: Fart Freezes Flight

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

Talking Fart Freezes Flight

It may be one problem airline security officials never envisioned -- a passenger lighting matches in flight to mask odors from her flatulence.

The woman's actions resulted in an emergency landing on Monday in Nashville of an American Airlines flight bound for Dallas from Washington, D.C., said Lynne Lowrance, a spokeswoman for Nashville's airport.

Other passengers reported the odor of burned matches, but...
    The Rest:
    http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...lyEnoughNews-2

Imagine her face when they decided to land the plane and search it... "I had to fart, so I lit some matches to cover the smell".... dear god. Perhaps airplane lavatories aught to have air freshening?

Well to AMERICAN FARTLINES, the only plane where we make an emergency landing after a passenger farts and tries to cover it up with the odor of a burnt match. LMAO.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    but how did she get the matches on board in the first place?!

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Quote Originally Posted by cash_site View Post
    but how did she get the matches on board in the first place?!
    Passengers are permitted four books of paper safety matches on a plane but cannot light them during flight, Lowrance said.
    What the hell do you need 4 books of matches for if you cannot light them on the flight?

At first I thought it might have been Mrs. Petard LOL

Before reading this I assumed she had LIT her fart with the match - I could see that worrying people. And it would cover up the smell better I think!

Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Booger View Post
    What the hell do you need 4 books of matches for if you cannot light them on the flight?
    They said they were 'safety matches'. They are probably trying to provide a false sense of security. 'If they plane were to crash in a remote wooded area you will have 4 books of saftey matches to survive.' Nevermind that if the plane would crash, you would have to survive that first!

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mousesk View Post
    They said they were 'safety matches'. They are probably trying to provide a false sense of security. 'If they plane were to crash in a remote wooded area you will have 4 books of saftey matches to survive.' Nevermind that if the plane would crash, you would have to survive that first!

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---