Thread: eMachine T2615

eMachine T2615

Have an eMachine T2615, KM266-9235 chipset witn an onboard video. Recently purchased a game card for my AGP slot. The pc will not pick up same. Tech (what there is-Gateway bought them) said to go into BIOS and disable the onboard feature and put in AUTO or AGP. There is no mention in the BIOS of a video adapter. I do not have a manual as a suggestion has been made of a mobo jumper, which I can't believe. But then again I found out the eMachine was founded in Korea. Any help? Thanks a bunch.

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    I think Kim Jong Il has messed with your emachines. Seriously though I believe if you disable or uninstall the s3 drivers in hardware devices that might work.I have always seen an option in bios to turn the onboard off,but you still should uninstall the onboard with that senario also.Your bios may auto sense the change once you install the agp card.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

I am ot 100% sure if this will work but in the past i have came across a similar issue where i had to leave both adapters on with my monitor connected to the onboard card.Once booted and installing the drivers for the new AGP card i could then go into display settings options and make the new AGP card as the default card of the system and disable the onboard card afterwards.

Mobo Ecs L7vmm2