Thread: Soy: The New Gay Food From the Devil

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

Red face Soy: The New Gay Food From the Devil

Some nutjob goes on a rant about how soy and soy-based products cause homosexuality and femininity in the world. He makes it sound scientific spouting off this and that but without backing it up with links to the research he cites...

There's a slow poison out there that's severely damaging our children and threatening to tear apart our culture. The ironic part is, it's a "health food," one of our most popular.

Now, I'm a health-food guy, a fanatic who seldom allows anything into his kitchen unless it's organic. I state my bias here just so you'll know I'm not...
    Read The Rest of This Crackpot's Tripe:
    http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53327

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    maybe it is Booger...Can you disprove it? Do you have scientific evidence that soy isn't "Gay Food From the Devil"?

Hmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by rik View Post
    maybe it is Booger...Can you disprove it? Do you have scientific evidence that soy isn't "Gay Food From the Devil"?

Hmmm?
    I don't think he proved it so there's no need to disprove it. Rik, you cannot honestly believe food causes homosexuality... How do you explain it in the animal world? Throughout history? In those who didn't eat soy (Truman Capote for example) Too many monkeys eating tofu causes them to be gay? LOL That's absurd.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosex...ior_in_animals

Read more about that.

Consuming too much estrogen through food intake might make you feminine but that hardly proves it makes you gay.

Now if he said be careful of eating soy because it might be harmful to your health, I'd listen. Or that it might make you feminine *with researched evidence to back it up, I might listen.

But attacking soy because it makes a person gay doesn't hardly pull me to his way of thinking. In fact it worries me because good people will believe this b.s.

I will say this, in Japan they eat sh!tloads of soy products, tofu, soy milk, soy burger, soy sauce, miso, yuba, natto, aburaage, ganmodoki, etc.. and all manners of other soy-based foods. If this man were correct, Japan would be loaded to the hilt with homosexuals, both men and women...

Yet you don't see this happening. So there's my proof.

Are you a soy eater? Maybe work for the phone company as a Pole Climber?

Banned
    This was debunked in 2001:
    August 14, 2001

To understand whether hormone-like chemicals in soy products may influence sexual development in children, researchers at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine have revisited a study on soy-based infant formula begun over thirty years ago.

Their results, published in this week's Journal of the American Medical Association, reaffirm the safety of soy infant formula and offer evidence against the harmful effects of soy that have been presented in the popular media. According to their findings, soy formula does not appear to lead to any more health or reproductive problems than cow milk formula.
    Source:http://www.upenn.edu/researchatpenn/article.php?250&hlt
    Describing World Net Daily as 'the popular media' is stretching things a bit...

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    0wn3d

Banned
    They write letters:
    Small men, big cars, and soy-based food products

James Rutz
    MegaShift Ministries

Dear Mr. Rutz,

Let me begin by saying that I'm in complete agreement with your conclusions about the dangers soy-based foods pose to the public. I was given a soy-based nursing supplement as a baby, and although my little soldier is normal in size--despite what the wicked feminists might call normal in their magazines--and I'm 110% heterosexual--really, I am, dammit--I don't doubt your claim that "[s]oy is feminizing, and commonly leads to a decrease in the size of the penis, sexual confusion and homosexuality."

I do however disagree with your solution to the problem. Dropping soy from the American diet is not the answer. America's agribusiness heroes deserve better from us. The same goes for our automobile and oil industries as well. If we stop feeding soy products to our manchildren, who's going to buy tomorrow's Hummers, Dodge Rams, and Ford Excursions? After all, there'll be no incentive to spend that kind of money on a big, expensive, powerful vehicle if every guy is packing one of those huge, Italian 3+" man-cannons in his briefs. Men compensating for tiny thingies are what drive the American automobile market. The auto companies would need to retool without it.

I think it might be better to feed our manchildren even more soy so that the nation's agribusiness, auto, and oil corporations can provide even bigger dividends to their stockholders. It's what Our Leader's ownership society is all about.

We can handle the homosexual part of it by requiring our educational system to teach our manchildren about about baseball and how to do an oil change. That's the best way to prevent homosexuality. If that doesn't work we can always hook them up to an electrical generator for a little aversion therapy like they do at Mitt Romney's church.

Heterosexually yours,

Gen. JC Christian, patriot
    Source: http://patriotboy.blogspot.com/2006_...98965302723135

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Looks like the soy thing is squared away, what about the salt air in San Francisco ? I think is does more than rust cars......

That doesn't sound very "scientific" now does it?

Quote Originally Posted by rik View Post
    Are you a soy eater? Maybe work for the phone company as a Pole Climber?
    I didn't eat soy products (unless it was an ingredient) that often in the US. But in Japan, I find I eat loads of it.. for breakfast, lunch and dinner. For example, this morning my wife made some butajiru (sometimes called tonjiru) with aburaage (friend tofu) and miso (soy bean paste), etc..

I am an English teacher at a junior high school, and there's no pole climbing for me.

Natural, Soy-based Substance Might Help Fight Multiple Sclerosis, Neuroscientists Fin

Something related to this thread. Title is self-explanatory:
    A natural substance made from soy appears to have amazing restorative powers when given to animals with a multiple sclerosis (MS)-like disease.
    Read The Rest:
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1212091307.htm