Thread: Dr. Chang Cracks Vista's Activation

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

Dr. Chang Cracks Vista's Activation

http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/...cracked-proof/

Someone by the nickname of Dr. Chang has managed to permanently activate Windows without buying it! I'm not sure about this because I have not tried Windows Vista and the crack yet. However, Dr. Chang has included screenshots to proof that it's true that he managed to crack Windows Vista activation. Dr. Chang tried pushing the date to Year 2016 (ten years ahead) and restarting several times, then moved the date back to 2006, the only thing that expired is his Antivirus. No more 180 days expiration problem and able to successfully receive Windows Updates for Windows Vista.
    Note: This is to be treated as news only. Techzonez does not condone this material and we caution you to use only legitimately purchased software on your computer.

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    this will just inconvenience the heck out of all who upgrade to vista with bad batteries....

dang you know they are not going to let this slip and will tighten the time server capabilities

one day you may not be able to login to your computer if windows time server is unavailable.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

You know there is one thing that i havent yet figured out about vista.Ths whole online activation every so often.How can this possibly work effectivly?

I mean lets say for example i upgrade to vista.Vista needs to contact it's server every so often to keep it activated otherwise it locks you out of your own system.What if i were to lose my internet connection for a while?Then what happens?My PC gets locked?I ask this because i know pleanty of people even now who use PC's but do not have internet connections so it got me thinkig about this.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    If M$ had their way.. you will have to use Windows Live.. a citrix version of online only operating system!

Dont worry, this will only force people to use free to cheaper alternatives like linux!

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cash_site View Post
    If M$ had their way.. you will have to use Windows Live.. a citrix version of online only operating system!

Dont worry, this will only force people to use free to cheaper alternatives like linux!
    I was thinking that they are preparing us for the live 3 month activation repay scheme
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Dudes... This has been around fer a"while. The only "NEW" part is the removal of evaluation version from desktop.

Well we all like to be updated with 'new' things

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Quote Originally Posted by cash_site View Post
    The thing is, I actually think you believe that. You forget just how stupid most people are with computers!

Quote Originally Posted by d000hg View Post
    The thing is, I actually think you believe that. You forget just how stupid most people are with computers!
    Dont worry, the group of tech savy people is growing, i started computing at 12yrs old or so... now my little cousins are tweaking XP at 8 years old...

As it time goes, people will be more comfortable with technology and want it at home and office...

Which leads us to an increase demand for Techies A developing business in cities, it will get really big soon. Especially with Media Center-type pcs and game consoles etc.... everything linked together.

I believe, one day this dream will come true, where we judged not by the hardware we installed, but by the GPL of the software

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    yup kids are getting smarter my son built his first pc and installed xp at 8.