Thread: DVD RW not burning DVD-RW medias...

DVD RW not burning DVD-RW medias...

Hey there,

Glad to be a Techzonez member
    Anyways, I now own a DVD RW drive. Specifically, it's a SONY DVD RW DW-D22A for some reason I cannot burn any DVDs ( I tried several DVD disks which where unsuccessful )
    Anyway, I believe the problem is caused by the firmware, I think I need the latest one. Any help or suggestion?

How long have you had the burner?Did it burn before and recently stop?What brand of DVD's? (+RW,-RW,+R,-R?) i ask because a while back i had a guy i did some work for who had a similar porblem with a sony burner.It ended up being the brand of DVD's he tried to use usually not reconizing the disc or producing coasters.Also what program are you using to burn?

This had happened to me for ever basically. I was never able to burn a DVD. I tried burning them on some Memorex disk and it didn't work, and now when I tried to burn something on my Maxell DVD, same problem occurred. I ran, Alcohol 120 and Nero, both say, that I can't continue burning procedure because the is no writable disk in the drive. However I am somehow able to burn On DVD-RW disks.

Well i did manage to find some firmware updates for this burner located here http://dhc014.rpc1.org/indexOEM.htm .It looks like this burner is pretty old now being released in 2004.Some burners are very picky with media and it sounds like that could be the case.Firmware update could fix the issue otherwise i would try a brand such as Fuji-Film as i never once had an issue with them.I havent seen an issue yet where one would burn RW but not R media.What kind of R's/RW's are you using + or -?whichever you use have you tried the opposite?

Also what are you trying to burn exactly?A copy of an original DVD?Files from your hard drive?

Someone else may be able to add to what i have already said.

Would this do the thing?

Latest

SONY DVD RW DW-D22A
    BYS3 - Dated "Nov17 ,2004

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    also do you have the jumpers set correctly. master....slave...cable select. have you installed the aspi drivers?

I think the early versions of DVD software were set up to work only as -R or+R. One or the other. I've tried to get an occasional file that I need from a friend of mine that he would dwnld to DVD. I pop the DVD from his machine into mine and my machine cant read it. Not really sure what is going on there. DRB

"Will Golf for Food"

Thx for your help, but putting my firmware up to date was enough. Turns out my firmware didn't have the latest firmware.

Hmm.. I wonder if its working for him now...?
    One day I bled,
    And felt Better

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    putting my firmware up to date was enough.
    Hmm.. I wonder if its working for him now...?
    I think that answered it?

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---