Thread: Skype Free Period is Nearing End

Skype Free Period is Nearing End

Free call within the U.S. and Canada come to an end on Dec 31. In the future you can get unlimited calls for $30 a year. If you sign up before Dec 31 it will cost $14.95.

Computer to computer call will remain free.

This is a real bargain. I have used Skype for my long distance calls for nearly a year. The calls are crystal clear and inexpensive.

efc:
    Thanks for the tip.

Does Skype work with 911 calls as well as it does with your normal US-Canada calls as far as you know?

Do you still keep a landline phone in case your computer happens to be down?

wumply
    Last edited by wumply; December 17th, 2006 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Because my computer briefly refused to space over.
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html

Quote Originally Posted by wumply View Post
    efc:
    Thanks for the tip.

Does Skype work with 911 calls as well as it does with your normal US-Canada calls as far as you know?

Do you still keep a landline phone in case your computer happens to be down?

wumply
    Skype is not a replacement for the land line and does not work with 911. It is a replacement for your long distance carrier. Mine charges 5.5 cents a minute for U.S. long distance. Even before the one time charge for unlimited long distance with a call via Skype was 2.1 cents a minute.

I have to keep my land line for another reason. I have a DSL internet connection.