Thread: Window Washing????

Window Washing????

I need your opinions/suggestions on what we should look into as far as software to erase or eliminate completely the things one deletes so that they cannot be called back up by software like "Recover My Data"

I read about Window Washer and Evidence Eliminator.......can I clean my computer without damaging Windows files?

Thanks,
    Sharon

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Did 'those' files turn out to be ur fault? Or is your job now to clean the computer?

The older versions of Window Washer were fairly good.

Evidence Eliminator seems to get most of the top ticks these days.

Check out Elim. Website

There should be a free 30 day trial or something like that.

good luck.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Thanks Cash, I think I'm going to invest in Evidence Eliminator soon, though it doesn't look like the easiest thing in the world to use (I'll figure the dang thing out!) it looks like its the highest rated.

Used Active Kill Disk to wipe the computer in question's HD permanently, works great and helped us in the CYA department.

......"Those files", well, after using "Recover My Data", there was bucket loads more on it that was deleted. A history of visiting unsavory sites was recorded, and this boy definately needs come counseling. Reported my findings to the adults, hoping they do something about him. He is truly a pedophile in the making in my opinion.

It's scary when we come across stuff like this, we never had a situation like it. Hope no one ever asks me to install stuff and report twisted history again.
    Although I must admit it has spurred me into looking at choices regarding watchdog type software to install as reccomendations for other parents. Hopefully, they can put the kabosh on such behavior before it gets to me.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    for government level of hd sanitization... check out "Boot and Nuke"... DoD certified and formats like 7times with random bits... cant get it back

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---