Thread: I need a lens cap or a way to attach a connecting string

I need a lens cap or a way to attach a connecting string

Does anyone know where I can get a new lens cap for a Nikon 5700 camera? I've tried local camera shop's, also B + H Camera on the net and eBay without success.

I am attaching a file with a picture off my current lens cap with the little part that broke off. The area of the break is so small that I do not think any glue could be relied upon to make a sufficiently-strong joint.

I was wondering if someone had some suggestions as to an alternative way to neatly and reliably attach the little black string to the lens cap itself.

Last edited by phishhead; December 21st, 2006 at 20:34 PM. Reason: fixed image
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    wumply they have a lenscap leash that has elastic that goes around the barrel of the lens then has a plastic dot on the other end with an adhesive that connects to the cap.

Thanks, Phish. Sure sounds like just what I need. I'll place an order.

But hey, did you get to view the file I attached? I noticed it could not be accessed when I tried--after getting your response.

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    fixed it for you wumply

She who must be obeyed Super Moderator piaqt's Avatar
    Have you tried Nikon's website?

Last night, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I'll never know.
    love, piaqt