Thread: Illegals Get the Boot: Legals Take Root

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

Post Illegals Get the Boot: Legals Take Root

A raid on a meat-packing plant sees illegals get deported, leaving vacancies at the places where they worked. Legal workers lined up to fill those spots as soon as the illegals were removed.

The line of applicants hoping to fill jobs vacated by undocumented workers taken away by immigration agents at the Swift & Co. meat-processing plant earlier this week was out the...
    http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...215724,00.html

Good to see people coming in to fill the vacancies. It's terrible that children were involved, but when you're living illegally in a country what do you expect?

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Booger View Post
    Good to see people coming in to fill the vacancies.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Booger View Post
    A raid on a meat-packing plant sees illegals get deported, leaving vacancies at the places where they worked.
    It's terrible that children were involved, but when you're living illegally in a country what do you expect?
    Racial concentration camps, apparently:
    at the Taylor facility of the 400 people "held" there, 200 are children. And all are families that can be held there for whatever length of time without due process conducted in a timely manner.
    Jeans and t-shirts have been replaced with jail uniforms; children are issued uniforms as soon as they can fit into them; and everyone must wear name tags, even the babies.
    Source: http://latinalista.blogspot.com/2006...detention.html
    There has to be a better way. It cannot be right to imprison children guilty of nothing more than following their parents into the United States illegally.
    According to those familiar with the families in the private prison, children of those apprehended are dressed in prison jumpsuits and receive only one hour of schooling and one hour of recreation a day.
    Little kids in prison jumpsuits and nametags presents a sad picture.
    Source: http://www.statesman.com/opinion/con...ylor_edit.html
    A sad picture? Sad?? It's sick. It's shameful. And maybe the law was broken, too:
    About 75 people detained during a raid at a Greeley meatpacking plant last week are returning to Colorado after federal agents transported them against a judge's order to a Texas immigration jail, according to the union representing the plant's workers.

U.S. District Court Judge John Kane signed an order Wednesday that prohibited federal agents from sending detainees in the raid out of state.
    Source: http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_4858933
    If indeed I.C.E. acted in contempt of Judge Kane’s order, Julie L. Myers could personally face imprisonment or a fine as punishment, as could any other I.C.E. official with notice of the existence of the order who defied it.
    Source: http://www.firedoglake.com/2006/12/2...comment-426969
    Still, the spirit of Christmas lives on, if not in the hearts of all on this board:
    Some of the children potentially face legal separation from their detained parents if relatives, friends and others don't step in soon and formally take over guardianship, Gajardo says. St. Peter and Paul officials and others are scrambling to avoid such a development and Gajardo says they have until January.

"We do not want these kids to be split up. We don't want siblings split up. We want them to be back with their parents," Gajardo said.
    ...Father Ted Skalsky of Dodge City's Cathedral of Our Lady of Guadalupe said none of the monetary donations exceeded $100 and many were just $5 or $10, a testament to the mass of people who pitched in. Among the other donations were clothes, diapers, food, blankets and Christmas presents - enough to fill a 24-foot cattle trailer.
    Source: http://www.hutchnews.com/news/region...id122206.shtml
    Note to the wingnuts: these people helping the families you've put in your concentration camps are living the spirit of Christmas. Why are you waging a racist cultural war on Christmas? If you believe God came to earth in the form of a child as a gift to the world, what does that make you, when you put swaddling babes and their mothers in Christmas concentration camps?
    http://www.firedoglake.com/2006/12/2...mps/#more-6238
    Merry fraud, people.

I guess we could always send them to your house.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma Lazarus, Statue of Liberty
    Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door.
    Quote Originally Posted by rik, Techzonez View Post
    I guess we could always send them to your house.
    'S what I love about you, rik: your compassion, your humanity, your tolerance, and it's wonderful to see it undimmed at this festive time of the year. BTW, where are your ancestors from, rik?

Originally Posted by Emma Lazarus, Statue of Liberty
    Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door.
    There are laws that govern who can enter and stay in any country. Not just this one. And for those that abide by those rules, I have no problem with.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikto View Post
    'S what I love about you, rik: your compassion, your humanity, your tolerance, and it's wonderful to see it undimmed at this festive time of the year. BTW, where are your ancestors from, rik?
    My compassion, humanity, and tolerance is rulled by a respect for the law. And in your piety You act like it actually matters where my ancestors are from and like you really care...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rik View Post
    There are laws that govern who can enter and stay in any country. Not just this one. And for those that abide by those rules, I have no problem with.
    And for the rest, put them in racial concentration camps, where even the children wear name-tags and prison uniforms. Seems you have no problem with that, either. Certainly, you're mighty quiet on the subject. Y'know, it's strangely reminiscent of another regime, whose name I can't quite put my finger on right now...

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    I'm really getting tired of your attitude Nikto, maybe it's about time we should consider banning you.