Thread: Registry-"Cleanliness is next to,...Impossible"

Registry-"Cleanliness is next to,...Impossible"

In my never-ending goal to clean my registry, I have about 40 invalid entries that refer to a file called inproc server 32. I dont want to take out these entries if I'm supposed to have this file. I've searched my machine (hidden files, etc.) and cant find anything abt it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? DRB

"Will Golf for Food"

Is this what you are referring to:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...f30e54db8d.asp, or an actual file named inprocserver32?

IMHO, If the file the registry key points to does not exist, then the entry *could* be deleted.
    Just remember love is life
    And hate is living death
    Treat your life for what it's worth
    And live for every breath

She who must be obeyed Super Moderator piaqt's Avatar
    Do Not delete these entries. It's not a file, it's a protocol. And who really wants to have to reinstall Windows?

Last night, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I'll never know.
    love, piaqt

Before being sent a bug in a MS update which has kept me from getting online for a week each time(11-23-06, and 12-17-06), I was following the lead provided by Nquiz and it seems to be a matter of changing the value at the end of the protocol string. Definitely not to delete the entries. Anyway, I'm not in a hurry to do anything until I'm sure. ("I will be sure always"). Thanks for the "Heads-up, Piaqt! As soon as I get this bug digested, I'll get after the invalid entry problem again. DRB

"Will Golf for Food"

She who must be obeyed Super Moderator piaqt's Avatar
    De nada, babe. Voice of experience, and all like that. Merry Christmas!

Last night, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I'll never know.
    love, piaqt