Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vista Transformation Pack 6

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar

Vista Transformation Pack 6

Has anybody else installed this pack?This will transform XP icons,login screen,theme xp to Vista look and somewhat feel.Widgets are included.So far so good here.No malware,adware,spyware or viruses are included.Click this link to find out more and to download. http://www.jcxp.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=13415
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

I tried on on my Xp machine and it really slowed it down. It is a resource hog. It took awhile to get rid of all of it as well.

Thanks Gary, I've been considering trying this out since Zipp's post and had decided to have a go today. Think I'll leave it for the time being as my sys needs an upgrade in near future, present spec would probably struggle.

Thanks i currently have the 5.5 version but not for long now that the 6 is out.

Exclamation Vtp 6

I Tryed This Also, BUT When Another USer Logs In The Whole Computer Freezes For About 10 Minuites And All Of The ToolTip Program And Nearly Everything Closes Down Because Of That.... Also I Had To MANUALLY Install All Of The Pointers, Sound Clips, And Start Menu, But Still After Log-Off The Re-Log in, It Froze The Computer, Is there A Way To Get Round This Soo All The Themes Get AUTOMATICALLY Applied to All Users / New Users Upon Log-in I am Running Windows XP Profesional SP2, PLEASE Try And Help

If you look at everything that is included it's no wonder it overuses resources and slows down your computer.

Exclamation Reply

Quote Originally Posted by BadKharma View Post
    If you look at everything that is included it's no wonder it overuses resources and slows down your computer.
    Goo point, but i have 320 mb RAM,, i wouldve thought it wouldnt crash on that, but oh well, ut still, is there a way to apply everything to each user without having to manually set-up each user accounts with the themes, sounds pointers ext..

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogre35010 View Post
    Goo point, but i have 320 mb RAM

D00D! You're lucky XP even runs!

Yes you really should have more ram than that if you are going to run extra things in the background.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Hey, XP runs fine on my 800Mhz Duron with 192mb ram... true i boot into PCLOS LiveCD to actually do any work

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Very True,, Well I Removed Vista Tran Pack, And Done A complete Re-Foramt And Wipe, XP Runs Terrific Now, Bit Slow OIn Start-up[ But As Soon As It Settles, PErfect, I Got, Mcafee Sec. Center, Windows Live Messenger. Watchdog 9.3. And the Standard XP Tools Running, It Runs Fine Now, I Recon Vista Tran PAck is just a Big Resorce Hog.

Oh Well THANKS GUYS !!!!!!

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    LOL, good to hear you've fixed your comp ogre.. if you want the look and feel of Vista, just install vista

Anything else, just use the vanilla XP for some rock solid gaming platform

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Lightbulb New Comp (I Have) Will It Run On This

Hi Guys, I Havent Posted on Here For A While So I Thought i might as well,

I Have a New PC With:

768 MB RAM
    1.8 GHZ Processor
    NVidia 6200 3-D Graphics Card

Do YOu Think... If I Install The Vista Trans Pack will IT Run Fast On my new system ??
    (I installed Vista on this station, froze the computer strait away)

Quote Originally Posted by Ogre35010 View Post
    Hi Guys, I Havent Posted on Here For A While So I Thought i might as well,

I Have a New PC With:

768 MB RAM
    1.8 GHZ Processor
    NVidia 6200 3-D Graphics Card

Do YOu Think... If I Install The Vista Trans Pack will IT Run Fast On my new system ??
    (I installed Vista on this station, froze the computer strait away)
    No. I read that for XP, you should have 1 GB of ram. It did not mention things you add on. With all the updates, it probably takes that much RAM to operate the Updates, OS, Antivirus, etc.

-Have a nice day.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Ok here's the trick for the transformation pack.....

Install the transformation pack and reboot, now uninstall the transformation pack and it'll give you options to keep the artwork & themes. Do this and you only lose the transparency and widgets, themes work and no slow downs

The Royale Remixed 1.47 is also a nice small theme for XP, you get 3 themes- Royale, Royale Nor, Royale Zune.

Myself, I've never had slowdowns using the full trans pack but I still use the "uninstall" method

@Ogre35010, your system should be fine with XP
    Last edited by FastGame; February 29th, 2008 at 12:30 PM.