Thread: In an instance like this, how do I uninstall my Quicken 99?

In an instance like this, how do I uninstall my Quicken 99?

I have the financial data I want printed out...fortunately But I cannot currently access the Quicken data on my C drive. So what I want to do is uninstall Quicken, re-install it and set up my relatively few accounts again with my printed-out data. (The disk has no uninstall program)

But when I go to Add/Remove and try to remove Quicken 99, I get told: "Unable to locate the installation log file C:\Program Files\QuickenW\Uninst.isu. Uninstallation will not continue."

Now how this situation occurred is a long story, rational...but there was a risk or gamble involved and I lost.

So my question is what exactly must I now do to get the Quicken 99 on my C drive gone, gone, gone so I can start fresh with reinstalling the program from my Quicken 99 CD. I believe it's probably not quite as simple as just deleting any and all Quicken files from C:\Program Files.
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html

Since this post I lucked out re an answer. All I had to do and did was to (try) a reinstall of Quicken, which went off like a dream. Then I simply loaded the most critical part of my data back into Quicken from my thumb drive. How easily the solutions elude us!

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Good job wump-ster, you're a quick self teacher