Thread: The FBI is inside every recent phone sold in US: can track and listen in

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

Thumbs down The FBI is inside every recent phone sold in US: can track and listen in

After the news that China has decided to force manufacturers to standardise phone charging ports to the mini-USB format, it turns out that there’s an even easier way to get the industry-wide feature you want implemented: just be the FBI. What cellphone manufacturers are reluctant to include in-among all the blurb about Bluetooth and high-speed data connectivity is that apparently every recent phone sold in the US has a built-in tracking device that, once activated remotely, can be set to keep the microphone powered on even when the phone itself is switched off.

The FBI used the technology in collecting evidence for the recent...
    RTR:
    http://www.slashgear.com/fbi-is-insi...one-303215.php

I don't know about you but I wouldn't want the FBI invading my privacy like this... It feels like fascism or Big Brother overstepping some bounds.... And if the FBI can do it, then you can surely bet that the criminal element will be able to as well.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Like they would be anything more than bored listening to your phone calls...or mine.