Thread: 80mm LED cooling fans

80mm LED cooling fans

Hey guys this is just a quick simple question.Today i cleaned out my PC case and rigged it with some filters to help control dust in the case.While going through some old stuff i found 2 80mm cooling fans with blue LED's but they were quite dirty from sitting.I wanted to use them but cleaning them was near impossible without using water clothe and Q-tips.So my question is should i worry about using these fans after they have been exposed to water or is it safe as long as im am positive they are completely dry?If so how long would you recommend letting them sit to be sure they are completely dry?Thanks
    Last edited by bhxtyrant; January 14th, 2007 at 22:17 PM.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Once they are completely dry they should be fine.

Overnite near a fan would be just fine. Almost all of these fans have no open contacts. They're potted. The bigger worry is not to degrease the bearings. DRB

"Will Golf for Food"

Thanks for the replies,yeah im not to worried about the bearings as i was sure to only get water on the fan blades and back portion as wwll as the structure which encases the fan.I've never washed a fan quite in this manner before as i havent come accross one with so much dust buildup lol.The one thing that concerned me was the area the wires enter the structure which got wet so i wanted to be sure of it before using.
    Last edited by bhxtyrant; January 15th, 2007 at 01:15 AM.