Thread: New Posts Made While I'm Signed-In

When I'm using the "Search Function", I'm sometimes signed-in for an hour or more.(Slow Reader) What happens to posts made during that time? DRB

"Will Golf for Food"

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    what do you mean? When you're signed in, and able to make a post, the post gets recorded to the main server/database, and everyone else is able to see it.

Sorry, i understand now... you mean for other people's posts. Any posts made are saved so they wont disappear (unless BB prunes the DB)... but if you used the search function and got a list of results, the results are correct at that time, and you wont see new posts (unless the new posts are in the thread your looking at ) ... So, once you've finished reading through all your threads in the 'old' search collection, just do another search e.g. Today's Posts... and you'll get all the latest posts up to that time

Typically, when i sign in, i click the link saying there have been 24 new posts since login. I then read through all of those. Then i got back to main forum page and click the "Today's Posts" search link. Then i'll be up to date
    Last edited by cash_site; January 15th, 2007 at 03:54 AM.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Cash, I mean posts made by other members while I'm signed-in. Are these posts available to me as soon as they are made or are they saved until my next visit DRB

"Will Golf for Food"

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Have need to refresh your browser or if it automaticaly refreshes between pages you'll see the new post.

Hope thats what you're asking ??

FG, Yeah! that was my question. Thought I could work it out by myself but concluded that I needed someone to be posting a response while I watched the rest of the site. I'm not real fast,.. just half-fast! thanks Cash and FG. DRB

"Will Golf for Food"

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Us mods live in the world of constant refresh, spammers die fast that way