Thread: Will Vista provide the content you expect?

Will Vista provide the content you expect?

Two security gurus, Steve Gibson and Peter Gutmann believe there will be severe costs associated with Vista DRM. The increased cost will include a cost in processing overhead and a cost in Vista compatible hardware.

These two gentlemen believe that much of the capability of Vista capable computers will be curtailed or even crippled. The below link is an podcast mp3 of Security Now. In this interview Leo Laporte and Steve Gibson, interview Peter Gutmann.

http://aolradio.podcast.aol.com/sn/SN-074.mp3
    Last edited by efc; January 21st, 2007 at 20:12 PM.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    good post

Security Now podcast covers Microsoft's response to the issues discussed in the first post of this thread. These two podcasts provide a balanced look at how well Vista will work. If you are considering upgrade to Vista, you should take the time to listen to these two podcasts.

LINK

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    I think it will be a little while before the full extent and restrictions of DRM are known on Vista. Already Apple is telling people not to upgrade due to iTunes incompatibility, and other stories as highlighted in the podcasts.

A shame, but Vista is definitely a wait-and-see case for upgrading. Its a massive investment and would be silly to just dump your cash on the goods and not get delivered!

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

It's all got me sufficiently scared. See linux>the big move>by EFC. Got me interested! DRB

"Will Golf for Food"

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    i agree BlackHat, i think some users will be definitely contemplating the "Big Move" ...

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---