Thread: C++, C# and VB.net template library resources.

C++, C# and VB.net template library resources.

Hello guys, I wanted to know if any one knows of a web site where I can view source code templates (for download or copy and paste). For example TCP/IP protocols, so I can make an application use network resources or even data base structuring. I have been saving my basic templates a saving them but I would like to build a extensive archive of bare bone source code so I donít have too reinvent the wheel every time I try to write an application. Also feel free to share any links with other programming related material. Here are a few web sites I have found so far:

www.3dbuzz.com (great video tutorials in programming and graphics)
    www.planet-source-code.com

I just want to see if there are any other great web site out there that may have some function templates.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    check out projectcode.com and experts-exchange.com, they have good tutorials for .Net programming etc...

Also, check out Microsoft's patterns and MSDN... they have pre-built libraries and controls that get added to VS 2005

How is your course going, any good projects? we'd love to see some examples

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Thanks Crash,
    Projectcode.com has a lot of the templates Iím looking for. I do have a few lame programs right now. I have on program that encrypts text using ASCII algorithms, and I have a hang man console application. I will start into GUI design and all the nice looking stuff next term. Right now Iím Software life cycle development and a few electives. I decided to take and easy term this round (the first one since I started a year ago). Ill is more than happy to show you the code I have done on these two. The rest of the other programs are nothing more than basic menus option and the famous ďHello worldĒ. Man I sick of writing a hello world code lol. I canít wait too next term when I start to use GUI and graphics. I have been also working on a few game design ideaís and writing them in GDD (Game Development Document ) format so I have it ready toward the end of school. But I would rate myself as a beginner still there has been a lot more to programming than I knew about. It will all come in time ďI hopeĒ lol

Good to hear everything is going well with your course LD, its always exciting seeing people develop new programs and code - we get addicted (code junkie)

LOL, Helloworld progs are always lame, but its a good start when exploring new languages especially with Object Developments...

There are a couple of software developers on this forum, so feel free to ask questions or to discuss topics etc... i think Piaqt was doing some Visual Studio 2005 and C# work earlier.

Great idea to Document your ideas that's always the hardest/boring part of software development, and im sure your SDLC lecture will be drilling it into you to document, then design, then do code...lol (psuedo-code)...

Have fun! Let us know when you start your 'game'

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

http://www.planet-source-code.com

Quote Originally Posted by Linedawg View Post
    Hello guys, I wanted to know if any one knows of a web site where I can view source code templates (for download or copy and paste). For example TCP/IP protocols, so I can make an application use network resources or even data base structuring. I have been saving my basic templates a saving them but I would like to build a extensive archive of bare bone source code so I donít have too reinvent the wheel every time I try to write an application. Also feel free to share any links with other programming related material. Here are a few web sites I have found so far:

www.3dbuzz.com (great video tutorials in programming and graphics)
    www.planet-source-code.com

I just want to see if there are any other great web site out there that may have some function templates.

Thumbs up Allegro

Hello every one,
    I just found some new library information for any one who is interested in game or GUI design. I found that Allego support most of the C programming languages, it is not only useful in game design but it also has a full-feature multimedia library use in graphical programming. There is one thing you have to be aware of when setting up allegro to your compliment software. There are a fell .DLL files than need to be copied to the system32 file on your windows platform in order for it to work. Here is an example of how I had to set it up on Visual studios 2005:

After downloading allegro you will see these three files bin, lib, and include.
    1 Copy these three files to ..\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC
    2 In the Bin fold you will see a few .DLL files, copy these files to your system 32 file.

That should take care of the setup.

You can download Allegro from this site http://alleg.sourceforge.net/wip.html

http://www.talula.demon.co.uk/
    http://www.allegro.cc/

Yeah, you'll start to find there are many libraries available that make certain programming aspects a lot easier.

Currently using xerces for ZIP functionality, and QT for their widgets on graphs and dials/sliders etc... looking at an encryption plug-in atm

Keep this good info coming!

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---