Thread: David Lee Roth Back as Van Halen Singer

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar

David Lee Roth Back as Van Halen Singer

Linkage

The rumors were true. Van Halen will reunite with original singer David Lee Roth for a summer tour of North America.

"I am very excited to get back to the core of what made Van Halen," guitarist Eddie Van Halen said in a statement posted Friday on the band's Web site announcing a 40 city tour. No specific dates have been named.

It will be the first time that Roth performs live with the band since 1984, when he was replaced by Sammy Hagar. A brief reunion with Roth in 1996 resulted in two new songs but no tour.

Original bassist Michael Anthony will not be a part of the reunion. Late last year he was replaced by Eddie Van Halen's 15-year-old son Wolfgang.

On March 12 Van Halen will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at a ceremony in New York.

All I can say is, more power to them! I know I LOVED VH when it DLR was lead singer. I did NOT care for Van Hagar, it just wasn't the same.

Though David *sucked* here in Philly on WMMR as a radio host and was quickly replaced (this is a job, just like talk shows that is HARD and nearly all former rock stars, players and hollywood stars think they can do easily!!!) I still believed if they could work out their differences, they could bring us some of the magic again.

Hooray! There's been much talk, but now it's really going to happen!

Sharon

David Lee Roth is burnt to a Crisp. I really liked VH back in the day, but you can"t get toothpaste back in the tube. I've seen him and he's completely fried.
    Another sad deal was when Burton Cummings decided he was too big for the Guess Who. One album with one good cut then he was finished. It was really sad to see them when they tried to get back together.
    I just loved Blondie, Her attempt to "come back" was simply tragic. DRB

"Will Golf for Food"

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    No No, dont stop the Rock!!

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

No One Rocked Like Ann Jeriewski and Neil Geraldo From the group Pat Benatar!

"Will Golf for Food"