Thread: Firefox questions

Firefox questions

I recently upgraded from dial-up to dsl and I'm having some issues with FF.
    I like to listen to background music from France through yahoo while I work online. Since I no longer have msn explorer, I've been using the FF browser and the site says that it is not compatable with "Netscape"? and won't work. I use another source , but I'd like to fix this if possible.
    Also I just tried to view a paper on Tensors from a NASA site and my Adobe Reader 6 loaded the page just fine but Adode said I should upgrade to Abobe Reader 7 -so I did. Tried to load the page again and Adobe popped up and said I could not use the Adobe Reader with this browser. Both MSN Explorer and IE slap my HDD around pretty good. lots of clicking and other noises I dont like, so I'd prefer to use FF because it's very quiet. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've got alot to learn now that I'm free of dial-up. DRB

"Will Golf for Food"

Why don't you post that site so some of the rest of us can give it a try.

Also consider downloading Foxit to replace Adobe Reader. It works flawlessly and is loads much faster than adobe. LINK

"Will Golf for Food"

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Works fine on my end using Firefox and Adobe Reader 7.

No problem here with Foxit instead of Adobe Reader.

There is still the question of the music problem. What is the link to the music?

Here's the music link;
    http://fr.launch.yahoo.com/
    I was always reluctant to update programs when I had dial-up because of the time involved (5 KB/sec). Some things took hours. DSL is a whole new dimension for me to get used to. I'll upgrade to the new FF version and see if that's the problem. I got the Tensor pages using Foxit like you suggested and I'm happily working on it now.
    The problem is definitely with my own software. I'll look further into it. DRB Thanks!
    Last edited by blackhat; February 6th, 2007 at 16:01 PM.

"Will Golf for Food"

I went to your French music site at yahoo.com. I tried to play several clips. There was an error message stating that it required Active X plugin. I am a security nut. I do not run Active X. Regardless I agree that you should download and install Firefox 2.0. You can then add the Active X plugin. I think that will resolve your problem.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    The PDF worked for me with Adobe Acrobat 7.09 and Firefox 2.0.1

I couldnt get the music working tho, the popup blocker stopped it, then the activeX blocker too. I just download the radio podcasts instead

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Cash, Conan, I'm convinced that I've got a glitch in my system causing these problems (and others). Probably just need to get used to DSL instead of dial-up. If I don't have any luck getting it sorted out, I should be able to narrow it down to some specifics to ask. Thanks! DRB

"Will Golf for Food"