Thread: Chronicles of Riddick patch

Chronicles of Riddick patch

So I get this game from a download and install it. It plays really jumpy and I find out that the patch will fix that. I try to install the patch. "Can't find old file". I put the patch file directly into the directory folder and still it can't find the game.

Who's played this thing successfully and what did you do to get it to take the patch?

I found out what the problem is. The dual processor in my new machine is not in sync with the game's rendering stuff. In short, the game was built for single processors and can't run on the AMD 64 without skipping and rushing.

I found a little utility called ROPE at innes.org. It works with the shortcut target parameters to turn of one of the cores of the CPU and run the game on just a single. Pretty slick. Type some code into the target box of the shortcut and launch. Little program does the rest. I have it for 30 days free.

The activation key is going to be 60 dollars American. Pretty high for a 600k file. Anyone know if there is a similar product around?

Free fix for the dual core problem.

AMD has already addressed this problem. They have an optimizer for the dual core precessors at this link.

I installed and ran my game with the target parameters deleted. It ran perfectly. The only thing I haven't figured out is how to turn the gaming mode on/off like it says in the READ ME file. I shouldn't worry about it except that I want to know if I'm losing CPU power in other apps.