Thread: FIRST POST SP1 update available

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

FIRST POST SP1 update available

Q329077: Security Update
    Download size: 164 KB, < 1 minute
    This update resolves the "Java Applet" vulnerabilities in Microsoft virtual machine (Microsoft VM).
    This update is also available for Windows .NET Server 2003.

CHECK THE M$ UPDATE SITE

FYI
    I dont have MS virtual machine installed, instead I have Sun's installed and I didn't need this update.
    BB
    source: MSFN.org

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    No such update for me at Windows Update page. By the way for those who don't know, SP1 includes the latest MS Virtual Machine.

Titanium Member
    It say no updates for me either. WMP9 is no longer offered there - wonder why.

Not listed in the updates for me either
    R.I.P
    MSN Status: | Please Read The Forum Rules

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    It was there earlier,looks like they have dropped it.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    maybe they yanked the link cause they are going final

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Originally posted by lynchknot
    It say no updates for me either. WMP9 is no longer offered there - wonder why.
    So many people are having problems with WMP9 & the general public who has know idea of what Beta means would get it. From my understanding WMP9 eliminates WMP8 & once you have WMP9 I understand it's almost impossible to get rid of it...??

I also was under the assumption that SP1 had the Java Virtual fix already....?? it doesn't show up for me.

Titanium Member
    I have WMP 9 2773 - an oldie - no problems what-so-ever. Just never bothered to upadate it. Maybe I don't notice it because of the way I use it. I'm on dial-up so I don't "go live" - it plays music and video just fine though.
    Last edited by lynchknot; September 17th, 2002 at 19:56 PM.

Originally posted by FastGame
    So many people are having problems with WMP9 & the general public who has know idea of what Beta means would get it. From my understanding WMP9 eliminates WMP8 & once you have WMP9 I understand it's almost impossible to get rid of it...??

I also was under the assumption that SP1 had the Java Virtual fix already....?? it doesn't show up for me.
    After a clean install, MS Java Virtual Machine is already included with SP1. Did you download Sun Java, then install SP1 Fastgame?

No Conan Last week I fooled around with NAV 2003 experimental Taiwan issue & it crashed My XP big time...I mean big time !

So I did a clean install and this time I didn't use Sun Java cuz awhile back in a thread you said you used M$ Java and liked it better...I had windows update burned to CD then I downloaded SP1 30meg

I have a ??...if you have automatic update enabled , does it apply all the available updates or just the critical one's ?

Originally posted by FastGame
    No Conan Last week I fooled around with NAV 2003 experimental Taiwan issue & it crashed My XP big time...I mean big time !

So I did a clean install and this time I didn't use Sun Java cuz awhile back in a thread you said you used M$ Java and liked it better...I had windows update burned to CD then I downloaded SP1 30meg

I have a ??...if you have automatic update enabled , does it apply all the available updates or just the critical one's ?
    I see why you don't have the Java Update from MS. Most of us here have downloaded the 133mb Administrative SP1. You downloaded the smaller 30mb SP1. Can't blame you though since you are on dial-up right?

Not sure about the automatic update since I have never made use of that option since Windows Me (yuck!).

Yep Conan you got that right...and slow dial-up for sure

The reason I got the 30meg SP1 is from my understanding that SP1 has all the XP updates ever given plus the new fixes except it doesn't have Net-framework. My XP Pro was all up to date so when windows scanned me it only gave me the 30meg's of fixes...I guess ?

My XP Home is SP1 free and I guess I should of left XP Pro that way cuz I'm now starting to find problems after I just told lynchknot & egghead it was fine

In XP Pro SP1 my printer is skipping lines of text...XP Home is fine , and in 3D Mark 2001se & DVD I'm getting stop & go stutter...XP Home without SP1 is fine...oh well

WindowsUpdate Q329077

is back on windows update , guess they pulled it to do a little revamping

Should show up now...it did for me

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Microsoft released an advisory Wednesday night warning all users of its Windows operating system of two new critical flaws that could allow a attacker to take control of a victim's PC.
    The critical flaws occur in the software giant's implementation of the Java Virtual Machine, which allows platform-independent programs to run on a PC.

Might have found a second flaw and wanted to hit both with one bang.. who knows.
    FULL REPORT HERE
    BB