Thread: Shadow images on LCD monitor [FIXED]

Bronze Member

Shadow images on LCD monitor [FIXED]

All displays on my monitor (icons, fonts, dialogue boxes, etc) have a faint shadow. for Example, if I type the letter A on MS Word, there will be a shawdow A next to it, it as if all the displays have double images. I tried to adjust the monitor settings but this has not worked. Games do not seem to be affected by this.

I have a ViewSonic, VA903b, monitor, ATI Radeon X850XT video card and XP media edition.

Any suggestions how to get rid of this problem?

Thanks in advance
    Halder

Bronze Member

I fixed it

I have been online trying to figure out what is causing this "shadowing" issue on my monitor (fuzzy, unfocussed display best described as a Shadow Effect on each letter, icon, etc).

I found out some information that seemed so unusual that I thought I would give it a try. It had to do with "electronic interference" and shifting the cable that connects the monitor to the PC. It suggested that if the cable is too close to an electronic source it wall cause the monitor to display a shadowing effect.

So I re routed the cable from my PC to my monitor and suddenly the "Shadowing", fuzzy fonts are all gone!

Go figure.

I thought I would post the fix in case anyone else runs into a similar problem.

Thanks
    Halder

Techzonez Governor Administrator Conan's Avatar
    Nice fix!

Old, Cranky and Perverted Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    I guess it was just poor shielding on the cable. Well, on one of those cables anyway...