Thread: Best Bang/Buck Laptop I've Seen Everex XT5000T

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Silver Member

Best Bang/Buck Laptop I've Seen Everex XT5000T

Don't know if anyone has seen/heard/bought one of these laptops but they are awesome. Mine comes in today. The Everex XT5000T has vista and 1gb of ddr 533 ram with 1 open slot. A Turion X2 TL-50, 100gb hd with one open slot for another one. 17" screen with a 7600go and a sony DVD burner. Right now newegg has it for $769 it has been on sale sometimes at office max for $699. If any of you are interested here's a link http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834280004.
    If some of you feel unsafe because of the "Everex" name just google xt5000t and see how many people are satisfied with their purchase. The only complaint is the keyboard layout, and very few times a few people have the wifi card drop out. Simple restart and it's back, but how many laptops do this from time to time?

Nobody knows I'm a dog. TZ Veteran petard's Avatar
    My macbook pro has yet to drop a strong wireless signal. And I've got it to triple boot with mac OSX, Vista, and RedHat Linux 5. Plus, when I'm in mac osx, I can run Windows XP as well.

But it cost 4 times as much as the Everex. However, it's got alot more horsepower, memory, etc as the Everex. But with all that said, the Everex seems to be an Ok deal. You'll need another gigabyte of memory to decently run Vista. But if XP is installed, it should be a good system.

Many thanks to egghead for the cool .sig

Silver Member
    Thats what I did right off ordered a set of dual channel 2gb kit from corsair and another 160gb hd so i can dual boot vista and xp pro. So far I love the thing. It's got a nice big bright screen. I've only tried FEAR on it and everything will max but AA of course and it runs smooth as butter. I'm going to install Halo 2 and check how it runs on vista.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    That's a pretty good deal!

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---