Thread: Create Rule in Outlook 2003 BEFORE mail downloads...

Question Create Rule in Outlook 2003 BEFORE mail downloads...

Hi All

I know it is possible in Outlook Express to make a rule that says "if x condition exists, DON'T download e-mails from x person". There is no such thing in Outlook 2003 - or is there? I would be staggered to learn that such a basic function is missing from OE's "big brother", but not at all surprised.

For the record, what I am trying to do is this: I have created a second e-mail address that is attached to my main address. But since I don't want to pay for the 2nd address, it is not a "separate account" from the main one. This means that when I do a send/receive, I receive all the e-mails from both accounts. All I want to do is set up a rule on 2 computers - on one computer a rule that says don't download the 2nd address's e-mails, and on the other computer a rules that says don't download the main address's e-mails.

All constructive help welcome.

Cheers
    Peter

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    why not just create 2 profiles. I set up a personal profile for my ISP emails and then the 2nd profile is for my work. So then this way depending on which email address I'm checking I just log into that profile and download the emails separately. Its a lot easier to keep my personal and work emails separate and more organized.

She who must be obeyed Super Moderator piaqt's Avatar
    Or tools\options\accounts\don't include in send/receive.

Last night, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I'll never know.
    love, piaqt

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, the way my account was set up meant that neither suggestion worked. The only way I got around it was by creating a "child" account off my main e-mail. Now, any mail that comes in for that account ONLY downloads to the computer set up to receive e-mail specifically sent to that address.