Thread: Hardware Assistance picking parts

Hardware Assistance picking parts

Hey guys,
    Need a little expert opinions on finding something.I want to build a new Vista based rig this will be my first vista rig so far now i already started picking out some hardware for those interested i'll post that below.

ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz
    CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
    Seagate Barracuda 7200 250GB 7200 RPM
    Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150 MCE PCI Interface 1042 Tuner
    Already have 2 ASUS Dual layer DVD burners with lightscribe for it as well and a 500W PSU.

Now heres where i need the assistance.I need to find a PCI IDE controller since i would like to install my two 250GB HDD's from my old rig i currently have a Promise Ultra133 TX2 but it is not supported by vista.So im on the hunt.I also wanted some opinions on a good graphics card to get the most bang for the buck so to speak.It need to be a PCI express card of course and preferribly at least 256MB onboard video memory supporting DirectX 10.

I prefer to use newegg and they have tons of brands there however many i do not have any epierience with so just looking for recommendations.Thanks for the time.
    Last edited by bhxtyrant; July 23rd, 2007 at 18:40 PM.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Software Paradise
    I think ATI has just released a mid-range DX10 compatible card (i think the HD2600 series?)...

For the HD's, there might actually be an SATA to IDE adapter out there

Goodluck, let us know how this great system comes along!

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---