Thread: i feel dumb, but my mouse does not work...

i feel dumb, but my mouse does not work...

ok..im no slouch when it comes to computers..but this pesky mouse problem stumped me and i am asking for help please )

ok..my mouse pointer does not move...ive tried restarting many times...ive tried using a regular non usb mouse...ive tried un-connecting everything, restarting and connecting peripheral after peripheral...i un-installed and re-installed the driver...ive changed the batteries.

i just reinstalled windows last night, was working fine up until 20 min ago. im at a loss.

---
    mouse = logitech cordless.
    windows vista home premium
    amd 64 3500+
    2GB ram
    a8n-sli asus mobo

*update* i shut down. connected a serial mouse. it woorks...but the usb one does not..so..im thinkin it myabe my usb mouse..i hope not..but...ill kep you informed.

well..ive tried different usb ports. no-go. the non usb one works though, so i will order another mouse. i dont think ive ever had a mouse just work one second and not the next...oh well..time for a change anyhow, had that mouse for 2 years.

Beebster is your USB mouse also wireless?I ask because i had the same issue with my wireless Microsoft USB mouse the problem ended up not being the mouse itself but the wireless reciever for it.I ended up calling MS to tell the issue and they sent me a brand new mouse and all free so might be worth calling up logitech.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar

tried fresh batteries? done the reconnection process thingy?

She who must be obeyed Super Moderator piaqt's Avatar
    Are the batteries aligned with their poles properly? I once had a mouse not work because I'd inserted the batteries bass-ackward.

Last night, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I'll never know.
    love, piaqt

is there a button on the reciever / mouse, if so... press the reciever button and then the mouse button to refresh the connection

If none of the "check for dumb things we've all done wrong" suggestions work, try bhxtyrant's idea. They made it, so they should help fix it.

Last night, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I'll never know.
    love, piaqt

Quote Originally Posted by piaqt View Post
    If none of the "check for dumb things we've all done wrong" suggestions work, try bhxtyrant's idea. They made it, so they should help fix it.
    Yep it's the best bet to fix the issue,heres the kicker in my case I had the MS keyboard/mouse wireless combo elite set so they sent me a brand new keyboard and mouse.After i got a new one i decided to take the old set apart and cleaned out the reciever and all after reassembling it i plugged it up and it worked perfectly fine again so i ended up with 2 $100 sets for the price of one

I love it when someone gets something out of Microsoft.

love, piaqt