Thread: Shadows new toy is Broke

Hardware Guru TZ Veteran shadow_warez's Avatar

Question Shadows new toy is Broke

well its been ill faited but im back hopefully reg time every night haha, well heres specs of new rig and the probs i cant seem to fix no matter how much $$$ i throw at it,

1,ASUS Crosshair ATX AM2 Nforce 590 SLI DDR2
    2,EVGA E-GEFORCE 8800 Ultra 612MHZ 768MB 2.16GHZ
    3,OCZ Flex XLC DDR2 PC2-9600 2GB 2X1GB DDR2-1200
    4,AMD Athlon 64 FX-62 3.4ghz
    5,BFG PhysX Card Ageia Physics Processor Card PCI 128MB 128-BIT GDDR3
    6,AuzenTech HDA X-MERIDIAN 7.1 DTS
    7,Bigfoot Networks Killer NIC M1 Network Interface Card for Gamers 64MB
    8,PC Power & Cooling Turbo Cool 1KW-SR ATX 1000W
    9,Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000 1TB 1000GBx2 storage raid
    10,Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB SATA2x1 Main

i know lol, but im having issues i just cant seem to fix, first,

Battel Field 2142, every now and then i have a video glitch were the screen goes straight yellow, and you cant exit the game, and sometimes the fps dips to 40 fps,

second, is vista after a nice clean install, ya i bought it >< ultimate editon, clean install, i get it up to desktop install the forceware drivers, and other vid sound ect, and reboot, soon as i reboot windows royal.thm bsods in a error msg that will not let me back into windows normally,

i can boot safe mode but not normally, this happens before i can even activate my copy,

iv tryed bout all i know, i kept adding hardware changing any peice that was before 2006 just to make sure they were "Vista Ready" parts,

any ideas?

A Great Sig Done by a Great Artist,

Ya should have went INTEL........

She who must be obeyed Super Moderator piaqt's Avatar
    nVidia drivers are a known balls-up on Vista. Check their forums.

Last night, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I'll never know.
    love, piaqt

iv tryed

iv run into issues with vista and xp pro both seem to not like the hardware mix, well im thinking its bout time to try intel but i was told thiers going to be some octi cores commin.

and well im sure i can salvage some of these parts and make it work some how till then,

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Gamers use XP

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    Ya should have went INTEL........
    Yep, when INTEL starts making AMD boards

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    about that ageia card. I have one but it is only applicable for certain games..BF2142 is not one of them so try turning it off before going into the game it might make a difference, not sure. I have windows vista ultimate and no issues with any drivers to date from nvidia...if all else fails, send me that graphics card...

Tinker said that you should have gone with Intel. It pains me to say this, but he may have something there.

I have built several hundred computers, many for me, friends and family and in business. Ninety-five percent of them have been with AMD processors. Over time, AMD has provided the best bang-for-buck return to the computer user.

Recently, I had a nightmare build that required many equipment changes. During the month that I fought this system, I went through 3 CPU's, 2 MB's, 2 Power Supplies, two HD's and even bought a separate video card (MB's had built-in video) just trying to identify the problem. Finally sent everything back and ordered Intel.

It may be a while before I try AMD again.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

lol

well i tryed to stick wit amd since it was my first system i ever built and iv never had probs plus it was the first system i pushed past 3 ghz with a stock of 1.5 ghz, i tryed disablin the ageia, even taking it out,

tryed vista ultimate, (was free from microsoft) and even tryed xp 64, and vista ultimate 64, if one thing works another would pop up that just didnt make any sence like bsods, stating a theme has crashed the system and you cant recover,

so im thinking i should have gotten next gen ram for my sys, this stuff was almost $1300 the vid cards together almost cost me same amount, wondering if its time to call it and go intel i know it hurts but if amd cant handel 4 banks of mem and ultra high end parts maybe its time to switch,

My sympathies. I HATE it when new toys won't work, and all you can do is start over.

Last night, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I'll never know.
    love, piaqt

>< nooo lol i sunk the price of a new car into this rig lol its gota work, or esle amd will have mad its first and last bad mark in my books,

Call them and tell them. They don't like to lose business, andit seems their chip has been giving you plenty.

love, piaqt

sorry for the long overdue reply, been soo busy wi work these days keeping me either sleepin or working, i decied to sell that system, and rebuilt, with what i had, i went intel, after all, got a ncie quadcore, system just as i bought the 680i from evga, the 780s come out.

lol but from what i read there board isnt bug free, and the 680i wont support the 45 nm intel chips, wich is okay i suppose ill wait till they make a decent board, waitin on a good asus or evga mobo before goin to 45 nm cpu,

Good luck, and write if you get work.

love, piaqt

intel rulez