Thread: Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe eSATA Port Not Working [FIXED]

Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe eSATA Port Not Working [FIXED]

I just bought an external enclousure. I know it works, I'm transfering stuff to it right now via USB. But the eSATA port on the motherboard doesn't seem to work. I tried two different eSATA cables, so that's not the problem either.
    I did notice one item in my device manager that is unrecognized. It's an unknown device. Does this board require a driver for eSATA to work? I installed the chipset drivers, and everything else in device manager is recognized, so I don't think that a driver is the problem.
    Please help.
    www.mightymo.net

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    click on the unknown device and try to update the driver (PCI controller) , look for the JMicron driver.

I downloaded the two different JMicron drivers from Asus website, when you right-click on the unknown device and search the two RAID folders, it doesn't find any drivers. Also when you right-click and try to search for the driver via internet, it doesn't find anything either. If I installed the chipset drivers, wouldn't have be enough?
    www.mightymo.net

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    If I installed the chipset drivers, wouldn't have be enough?
    Should be enough but I see reports on the net where people never get the eSATA working.

Uninstall the "unkown device" and reboot, maybe it'll detect it ?

I've never worked with that board so I can really say whats going on

Thanks for the help. I got the problem solved. To get eSATA working on an Asus motherboard, you just have to enable "JMicron RAID Controller" in the BIOS. I set it to AHCI. I fixed this issue AFTER I already transfered 250GB worth of data over to my external HD via USB 2.0. DOH!
    www.mightymo.net

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Thanks for the Solution Information. That will be a good tip, especially as people start to upgrade their enclosures to eSata. I have a couple of cases, and will be looking for this feature.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---