Thread: SysFader: iexplore.exe Application Error [FIXED]

Question SysFader: iexplore.exe Application Error [FIXED]

I have a problem with an active X controller within IE. I have try IE 6 and 7. Also I have try to correct these error but doing the following.

1. Disable SSVHelper from Sun

2. Transition Effects settings (Display Properties > Appearance Tab > Effects Fade Effect is enabled

3. IE Tools, Internet Options, Advanced Tab, uncheck 'Enable Page Transitions' under the 'Browsing' section

4 HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{Your Control's CLSID}\InprocServer32\ThreadingModel

is set to Apartment.

5. reloaded java

6 ran sfc /scannow.

Has any one else seen this problem and know how to correct it?

I am really reaching my wits end with this problem… it has been beating me down for 4 working days now. Any one else have any other surjection on how to correct this??

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Well, I have found conflicting information on what "SysFader" actually is, so that doesn't help. One place says this:

"sysfader.exe is a process belonging to the NVidia Graphics device range and is bundled alongside these products. This is a non-critical system process although it should not be terminated unless suspected of causing problems."

And yet another says this:

"What is sysfader.exe? Is it Spyware? How much memory does it take up? Why does it give error?
    Well, no first of all, it is not spyware. In fact it is a part of Windows XP that provides all the so called "cool animation effects". These include fading menus in and out. Animating windows and so on. Nothing to worry about, unless it is giving you errors."

I tend to believe the second one. I would suggest following their instructions, and just so they get all the credit for the fix I am posting their link.

http://beyondteck.blogspot.com/2006/...exe-error.html

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Try this:

Open IE go to Tools > Manage Add ons > Enable or Disable Add-ons.

Now disable all the Add-ons. If that fixes the problem enable the Add-ons (one at a time) until you find the one that may be causing the error.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

I disabled all of the add-ons within IE and started them up on at a time with no luck. Every time I try to access the web site I receive the error and it will crash out. I also checked out (fade effects under the display option) ([HKEY-CURRENT-USER\SOFTWARE\MCROSOFT\WINDOWS\POLICIES\EXPLORER], you may find the item NoCommonGroups , and its value is 1. Then you should change the value as 0) with no luck there either. Also I try to reload each .DLL file but using this command line regsvr32 xxxxxx.dll. I ran this for each file and tried it again with no luck there either. As a last resort I also tried this from the command prompt:

ren c:\windows\system32\config\software software.old
    copy c:\windows\repair\software c:\windows\system32\config
    Last edited by Linedawg; August 7th, 2007 at 21:49 PM.

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Linedawg View Post
    2. Transition Effects settings (Display Properties > Appearance Tab > Effects Fade Effect is enabled
    Change it to "Scroll effect"

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend View Post
    Change it to "Scroll effect"
    ok ill give it a try when i get to work in the morning.

Thank you for all the help

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Also...what video card does it have?

Quote Originally Posted by rik View Post
    Also...what video card does it have?
    In this case it look like the video card is an on board video. Mobile Intel® 945GM Express Chipset Family.

I also try to disable all the add-ons within IE and turn them on one at a time with no luck.

Well I could not find a fix to over come this problem. I just hook the computer up to are ghost server and blasted it with a fresh new image. That took care of it.

Exclamation

I finally fixed this!!!!!!!!!!!

The problem was in a program called Jinitiator. After you uninstall it you have to delete the oracle folder. Then re-install Jinitiator, I know this sounds strange but it has work on over 100 systems so far. It seems like even after you uninstall Jinitiator there is still some thing hanging out in the oracle folder even thou it said it size is 0. But this has been working like a champ for me so far.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Wow, that is an interesting case! good to see that u persisted with it and posted the fix

Keep up the good work!

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---