Thread: Excel Problem

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar

Excel Problem

well, I have a problem with Excel and I cannot fix it. When I save a report from Solomon to a spreadsheet it won't open in one the PCs. It will close Excel automatically, then restart Excel automatically twice until it finally opens but with some columns missing.
    It is not a file problem since in another PC with the same Xp version it opens fine.
    I had tried repairing Office XP, but it didn't fix. Then I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it did nothing. I noticed that uninstalling and reinstalling won't erase any settings, because when I reinstalled everything was working as I never unistalled it. Outllok didn't need configuration, Office didn't need to be registered.
    Is there any way to completely unistall Office XP, so I can try fixing the problem when re-installing.
    Also, this is probably related to the problem: when I open a document which is in the network drive it takes a long time to open it. It can take up to 45 seconds, even if the document is small. I don't have this problem with other PCs.
    FYI I am using Office XP in windows XP.
    I have no idea why this problem is happening. So, if any of you have a clue I will appreciate it

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    if you want to reset office to factory defaults

search for the file

normal.dot

rename it or delete it and you should be back to factory defaults
    ------------------------------------------------------------