Thread: Good 2 device external enclosure?

Good 2 device external enclosure?

Hey guys,
    Im in the market for a nice external USB 2.0 enclosure.I checked a few sites like tiger direct and newegg but either i missed or they dont have what im hoping to find.I would like to find a decent enclosure capable of housing one 750GB Hard drive and one DVD-DL Lightscribe drive.Not sure if there are many of these avalible i have seen some which can house up to 4 devices but thats an overkill for me.So if anyone out there knows of any or has any suggestions that would be great.Thanks

Linux Mint Debian Edition

Thanks efc but looks like that enclosure can only hold two 3.5" drives.I seen one similar on newegg for much cheaper price which also held two 3.5" drives so i'll guess it's not worth the price.Starting to look like it might be impossible to find what i was hoping for although im suprised no one made anything like it yet.Might have to just grab two seperate enclosures for both devices.

I see a few nice ones there but most of those 4 and 8 device enclosures that support both drives is way overkill for me as im looking for something fairly portable to travel with.
    Last edited by bhxtyrant; October 28th, 2007 at 10:17 AM.

What would be the problem of buying and enclosure for HD and a second for optical drive? There are many avail for less than $30. And they are small.

I am using one for a cloned backup of my xp system. I don't keep it connected to that computer. It is on a shelf, should it be needed.

Hey again efc,
    Its not really a major problem just more of convienience and less to carry.I wanted to use these so i can transfer all my data from my desktop to a single large capacity drive so i can take my data with me wherever i have to go via a laptop.But the laptop i have only has 3 avalible USB ports so having one enclosure using one USB port is always better then taking up two since one is used for a USB mouse and the other for various devices (digital camera,Flash card and thumbdrives,printer,remote control) however the hard drive enclosure would need to be connected at all times when i do any work since i would keep all my important files on it.

The laptop already has a DVD-RW but its older and slower then any desktop DVD-RW drive so i was planning on using one as well when needed.Would also need to have this connected with the hard drive enclosure since data i would be backing up would also be on the external drive.I know seems kinda silly because theres an internal drive but the thing is using the ASUS DVD-RW DL drive i have it takes 5 minutes to burn a full DVD using the internal laptop drive it takes half an hour.

Now im leaning towards getting a USB hub but the main thing is im trying to cut as many cables as i can.external enclosures need power cables and the usb hub as well so it all adds up.Just looking for the most convienient configuration basically.
    Last edited by bhxtyrant; October 29th, 2007 at 00:53 AM.

I tripped over this setup this morning.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...?EdpNo=3331146

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    To ensure your complete satisfaction, all Ultra Products Power Supplies and Cases now carry a three year warranty that they will be free from defects in materials or workmanship. In addition, that warranty is upgradable to a LIFETIME warranty by simply registering online. Additionally, all our other products carry a one-year warranty which is also upgradable to a three year warranty. At Ultra, customer service is our most important mission. Thatís why every Ultra product must meet the highest industry standards for quality and reliability. And our warranty program is second to none.

*Note: Registration required. Product must be registered within 30 days from the date of purchase.

Linkage