Thread: Problem w/ Backup into Iomega Disks...

Problem w/ Backup into Iomega Disks...

(WinXP Home SP2; OE 6; IE 6; Dell Dimension XPS T450MHz Pentium III; AVG Free Version 7.5.503; spybot S&D; ad-aware; cable; WordPerfect8; Lexmark Laser printer "Optra E310")

Hello, I hope I'm in the right forum for this probem?

I used my WinXP backup into Iomega disks and it went fine...until I needed to put a 2nd disk. I'm using zip disks 100MB and it takes about 2 to 4 disks.

When the first disk was filled up, I pressed "eject" to put the #2 disk but it didn't come out. So I went to "My Computer", right clicked on "Removable Disk D", clicked on "Eject" and it did come out...but with this msg:

>Currently in use. If you eject this disk now, you may lose data in your >open files. Before ejecting the disk make sure all files are closed and no >multimedia files (such as music or video) are playing.<

But I didn't have anything open and I don't have music or videos, and it wouldn't let me continue...

Anyone please knows how I can change the disks so I may conclude my backup? I posted at Iomega Disks forum but no replies...Thanks so very much for any help! Adela

P.S. BTW, can one restore the "Contacts" pane at the left side in Outlook Express? I accidentally clicked on the "X" above and it disappeared....

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Iomega disks are obsolete and very prone to hardware failure. The CDRW or DVDRW performs so much better and holds much more data. I used to have an Iomega that's why I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Conan View Post
    Iomega disks are obsolete and very prone to hardware failure. The CDRW or DVDRW performs so much better and holds much more data. I used to have an Iomega that's why I know.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition